The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hey guys

Welcome to the Cadre. As you can see we are mostly sane around here...kinda

Welcome.
While I think most would agree a nice soap and brush take shaving to an all new level I can certainly attest to the fact that a can of decent foam is capable of pretty amazing things when coaxed along properly. Do you use it straight from a can or do you use a brush and a little water to kick it up a notch?

Trust me...I don’t “miss” cookies...I am a cookie “sniper”...😂
ShabbyFreshKitten-max-1mb.gif

Welcome.
While I think most would agree a nice soap and brush take shaving to an all new level I can certainly attest to the fact that a can of decent foam is capable of pretty amazing things when coaxed along properly. Do you use it straight from a can or do you use a brush and a little water to kick it up a notch?
I just apply by hand with water. And I also think most people use way too much so I don’t use a lot at a time.

I just apply by hand with water. And I also think most people use way too much so I don’t use a lot at a time.
If you prefer that method, another good soap is cremo. It's slick as they come and applies with your hand and some water just the same as canned foam.

In the same vein there's a soap called Reuzel (?) That is similarly no-brush. I cannot attest to the quality of it, though.

If you prefer that method, another good soap is cremo. It's slick as they come and applies with your hand and some water just the same as canned foam.

In the same vein there's a soap called Reuzel (?) That is similarly no-brush. I cannot attest to the quality of it, though.
Yeah I have a tube of Cremo cooling that I need to use up at some point. It’s pretty good except that it can be difficult to rinse from the razor sometimes. But it sure works well.

Back