The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hey Fellas!

TheHappyBachelor

Shave Newbie
Evening (for me), Gents!

I'm a long-time wetshaver (20+ years), and haven't spent time on forums for well over a decade. I never really enjoyed the vibe of the forums, except for the Fedora Lounge and Badger/Blade way back in the day.

Anyway, I ran across one of Bill M.'s videos on YT, and he had the Shaving Cadre sign in the background. I came over here, took a gander, and I like what I see, gents!

I'm looking forward to some good conversation fellas. I learned a lot back in the day off the forums just creeping around, so I guess its my turn to try to give back any wisdom I've gained through the years, other than the ubiquitous YMMV šŸ˜ˆ

I'm pretty boring on the shaving front - I've used a lot of stuff through the years, but I only run one maker of soap now, two brushes, two single-edge razors (Leaf Twig & Thorn), and a bunch of straights. I know what works for me and I stick with it, but who knows, maybe joining up here will get me back in the swing of trying this and that again.

Thanks for reading through my screed, and hope you're all having a good day, or at least, I hope its on the upswing.

-The Happy Bachelor

Welcome to The Cadre! Good to have you here.

If you haven't already, please make sure to familiarize yourself with our Terms and Conditions Linked Here:
https://theshavingcadre.com/threads/tsc-terms-of-use-tou-revisions-updates-2-2021.3796/

Should you need any assistance in navigating the site or help please contact any of our friendly Concierge Staff.

@Spider , @NurseDave , @heysi , @Fenster

or feel free to reach out to any of the owners of TSC
@BarberDave
@CVargo
@CBLindsay

I came over here, took a gander, and I like what I see, gents!
We're definitely a different kind of forum, with lots to offer that other forums don't. Check out our Zoom calls, every other weekend. Great conversations, and an awesome way to meet your fellow wet shavers.

Welcome. I look forward to having you around, sounds like you may have a well seasoned perspective and a few good ideas to share. I'm not sure what kind of forum the Fedora Lounge is/was but I DO know our forum i smore than just a "shaving forum". We have very active threads/conversations about Pens, Watches, Cigars, Shoes/boots, Favorite Frags and so much more. If it is "gentlmanly interest" we generally welcome the topic.
Enjoy!

Back