The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hey all

Welcome to The Cadre Texh! You're going to love it here. Lots of PIFs (Pay it Forwards), so opportunities to try new stuff. And lots of members here do video SOTD and Tutorials, so lots to cheack out, read, and watch!

Yeah, the Dave's around here are pretty good guys. The one from KY is VERY generous.
Your razor and brush choice are pretty standard new guy selections. Nothing wrong with the EDJ razor or random synthetic brush. I rather enjoy the vintage Gillette razors, they can be found on ebay (or our BST) for a song and are built to last. I also recommend a nice Schick injector...they are great. There aren't a lot of blade choices for the injector so you won't be tempted to chase different blades, the injector blades also last a long time.
Thank you @CBLindsay . MANY here are very generous !!!!!

Last edited:
Welcome to the Cadre. This is a great group and we are all eager to share what we have learned through our journeys in the hobby. All you have to do is ask!

Welcome to TSC, Tex! This is a good place to learn. I have a couple of classic boar brushes I can spare. If interested shoot me a message - I'll run them through the ultrasonic cleaner a couple of times for you. I assure you, I have no communicable diseases to worry about (mental health ones aside)!

since im a student (without a job) i got the basic stuff to get me started
razor: EJ de89l
brush: some synthetic brush
blades: i got a few 5blade sample packs.
soaps: arko, IB amici, Razorock (creed smell) and mikes natural barbershop

i do have watched atleast 100+ videos on soaps, blades and razors, they are really tempting but pretty expensive.
i became a wetshaver to save money, i have already spent alot more on the gear i got, but this addiction is really pushing me to buy HQ stuff which i cant afford atm.

Welcome to TSC, Tex! This is a good place to learn. I have a couple of classic boar brushes I can spare. If interested shoot me a message - I'll run them through the ultrasonic cleaner a couple of times for you. I assure you, I have no communicable diseases to worry about (mental health ones aside)!

Thank you so much gray for the offer, but i think i have brush covered.. dont want to be a hoarder :)

And yes this is really nice community, many helpful members aswell

Back