The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Heritagecollectionshaving Gibbs Reproduction

Shave two with the same Bic Chrome Platinum and just as easy and smooth as yesterday’s. Went with setting 6 for the whole shave and it was mild yet still efficient enough for a full days worth of whisker growth. Felt better in the hands on this second go around with good tactile feel. No worries at all with this razor slipping out of the hands due to wet hands or lather running everywhere. Two shaves in and I consider myself pleasantly surprised at the quality of shaves and the actual build and ease of use of the razor.

On a side note, the numbering system could be out of whack as the assembly can be set up wrong as a good shave buddy of mine over on another forum contacted Neil over at Heritage and there can be issues with proper number alignment with the razor. Seems that some razors could have been assembled wrong and might not give a full account on proper gap size adjustment. There is a video I believe somewhere on YouTube that might address this issue though, I personally have not gone looking for it. I might look into it once I‘ve got a few more shaves in but, so far I have no issues with the razor starting at the N (1) position and moving through the adjuster dial with a somewhat out of order numbering system. I can see though where some can take issue with this inconvenience and rightfully so. I’m not going to harp on it much though as it seems to me to be an easy fix.

Great shaves to all….

B4A88971-6474-4D3D-AAFF-A6DE86F51A52.jpeg

A good shave this morning with the Heritage Gibbs Replica. Did the quick change of the dial and rotated the adjuster plate 180°. I will state that it is not necessary to make the change as it is just for visual correctness and nothing more. It shaves exactly the same gents. This is my 5th shave with it and they have all been near flawless. Blade rigidity is good enough for me and yes, there are numerous other razors that hold the blade with vise like strength that offer superior rigidity with zero blade deflection. However, I think that the Heritage Gibbs Replica will work quite well with the majority of shavers except perhaps those with the densest and thickest of beards. Not saying that those with hair growth that is thicker can't achieve a good quality shave with this razor, it just might require a bit more work to achieve those desired results.

All in all, it's an excellent razor with very near identical attributes to the legendary original French creation at an affordable price. Build quality is good and one does not need to modify a blade as with the OG to enjoy a comparably good shave that is near if not identical to the Iconic Gibbs Reglable.

Great shaves to all....

gBVDIFx.jpg

An excellent shave this evening with the Heritage Gibbs Replica. Hadn’t used it in some time and went back to it with a twice used Bic Chrome Platinum. Super smooth and delightfully efficient in a 2.5 pass shave. I won’t go into details about every facet of the shave. I will solely say that the razor shaved exceptionally well with minimal effort on my part. It’s a wonderful little shaver that allows great maneuverability at every stage of the shave process. It’s nearly identical to the famed Legend it was designed after if not better.

Get your hands on one gents (whenever they become available again). It really is worth it as one can experience what the iconic Gibbs brought to the table over half a century back without having to scour the auction sites and more importantly getting raked over hot coals in spending the cash to acquire one. The Gibbs was ahead of its time and the Heritage allows a shaver to experience that identical performance of the original for a much lesser price of entry.

Totally worth it. And no modifying blades neither. Win, win. Great shaves to all…

289F5E1F-1AEC-4C01-B340-71E4345F999B.jpeg

Went for a second straight day shaving with the Heritage Gibbs. Again, just another great shave and not a single negative to speak of about this little razors performance. Just drop in your favorite blade and whip up your favorite lather. Easy, smooth & efficient feeling shaves is all I’ve experienced in practically every shave. If the all brass version comes to fruition, I’m all in. I don’t care where it’s made, the folks or gent at Heritage did their homework and went through hoops to bring this replica of a classic razor to fruition. And at a very reasonable price when one considers today’s economic picture. Home run for Heritage and I have no issues in backing any future project or endeavors they plan to bring in the shave landscape for hard goods.

It’s a keeper. Just in case I failed to mention it….;)

ECB53BDD-728D-4828-A1DC-C0804353D6EB.jpeg

Started 2023 with a smashing shave that the Heritage Gibbs delivered. So far it has given me outstanding shaves with the limited blades that I’ve run through it with the Bic Chrome Platinum, Gillette Platinum (Blue & White tucks), Gillette Minora & surprisingly the Lord Platinum‘s have given a good account as well, go figure.

Happy 2023 to all and if you’re looking for a Gibbs Razor but, can’t seem to find one that is affordable & available, the Heritage Gibbs Replica is seriously worth considering. Again, no blade mods neither and well worth the entry price.

Great shaves to all in 2023…..

9D34CD88-8AC0-4053-902A-9B1EEA19F638.jpeg

if you’re looking for a Gibbs Razor but, can’t seem to find one that is affordable & available, the Heritage Gibbs Replica is seriously worth considering
Where is it available from? I can’t find it anywhere.

Where is it available from? I can’t find it anywhere.

To be honest, I don't know. I checked on the Heritage website earlier today to see for any updates on the availability of the Gibbs Replica and for some reason I get an error for the website not found. I saw a post on their Instagram that dates to 12/23/22 about old Christmas ads but, nothing else on any news or updates. Strange to be honest.

To be honest, I don't know. I checked on the Heritage website earlier today to see for any updates on the availability of the Gibbs Replica and for some reason I get an error for the website not found. I saw a post on their Instagram that dates to 12/23/22 about old Christmas ads but, nothing else on any news or updates. Strange to be honest.
I tried contacting them a while back but never got a reply back.
It's a small outfit, and I've only seen activity on Facebook.
Having a non-replica Gibbs, I wouldn't mind one where you didn't have to fuss with the blades, but I'm a bit sceptical on how true to the Gibbs shave this is. Not that I'd ding it for that, the thing is a bargain.

Edit:
Just read back over the thread @GlazedBoker you're making like a much better razor than I was expecting. For sure the Gibbs is a superb razor, if this is close for sure worth a pick up.

I tried contacting them a while back but never got a reply back.
It's a small outfit, and I've only seen activity on Facebook.
Having a non-replica Gibbs, I wouldn't mind one where you didn't have to fuss with the blades, but I'm a bit sceptical on how true to the Gibbs shave this is. Not that I'd ding it for that, the thing is a bargain.

Edit:
Just read back over the thread @GlazedBoker you're making like a much better razor than I was expecting. For sure the Gibbs is a superb razor, if this is close for sure worth a pick up.
It's a good razor for the $$$. Though, I just got a message from a shave amigo on another forum that the owner @Heritage had a final replica and had it bumped up the price to near the premium that the Original's are going for. Disconcerting to say the least. Shave wise, it's a very close performer to the Gibbs Reglable with the OG perhaps having the slight edge in smoothness especially in the higher ranges if memory serves me correctly. If Heritage keeps it manageable in pricing say $60 -$80 US (I paid $55 for the first release), totally worth it. Triple digits though, that's a whole other matter & ballgame.

Just a reminder, it was a really good shave today. :ihih:
Smooth and easy with no harshness anywhere in this razors range of adjustment. I can’t speak for everyone else and their experiences with the Heritage Gibbs Replica but, I have nothing negative to say about this creation. Once the orientation is cleared by simply turning the baseplate 180 degrees, it’s smooth sailing. Pick your blade of choice, install and off one goes to whisker reducing duties. And for the $$$ (hopefully it stays within that range if any other batches are offered in the future) outlay, it’s one heck of deal. Solid, solid razor that gets you very close in shave performance & feel to the Legend it was modeled after.

3F7F576B-5F73-4911-B29A-5EE73A67BC49.jpeg

Fantastic shave with this underdog that could. A wonderful 2 pass shave that left no doubt on what finish it left on my skin both face and neck. A face rubbing and shit eating grin of a BBS finish, plain and simple. I will not tell you you that this is a MUST have razor or it is an essential piece of hardware that should be in every man’s shave collection (or woman if we’re playing even stevens) but, if a shaver has ever wanted to get the famed but, very hard to find in excellent condition Legendary Gibbs, this little razor can get you close enough if not identical to that aforementioned juggernaut that is the Le Reglable Gibbs. The Heritage gives one a really, really excellent shave.

Good Friday, many blessings to all and a safe Passover to my Jewish shave bro-hams.

Great shaves to all….

59892942-53EF-4297-B1D3-3E12033EC8E6.jpeg

Excellent shave this morning. Started on 4 and finished on N (3) for a 2.5 pass BBS finale. Buttery smooth with just the right amount of blade feel to let one know whats going on in the business end of the shave. The audible trait is also quite welcome as this gives a confirmation that both razor & blade combo are working in unison to near perfection. I like the sound as well though there are others that might sound a bit more vividly, this still delivers wonderful hair cutting music to one’s eardrums.

Great shaves to all…

55F0696C-FDAB-4B25-BB8B-62DBCD8828B2.jpeg

Back