The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Help me with eating avocados!

And dude, you eat organ meat...you can smear avocado on balsawood and enjoy it.
Organ meat is easy...If I could I would eat liver and heart every day. Avocados are another story. I don't know what it is...sometimes it just turns my stomach. I mean...I like guacamole...but just a plain old avocado doesn't do me well.

As far as forcing myself to eat it...Yeah...I usually don't like to do this. But it is something that I want to like.

It's kind of like tomatoes. I love the way they look. The seem really appetizing to me. I love sauces made from them as well as things like chili and soups. They just look delicious. But give me a raw tomato and tell me to eat a slice...and I am going to barf all over the place.

Organ meat is easy...If I could I would eat liver and heart every day. Avocados are another story. I don't know what it is...sometimes it just turns my stomach. I mean...I like guacamole...but just a plain old avocado doesn't do me well.

As far as forcing myself to eat it...Yeah...I usually don't like to do this. But it is something that I want to like.

It's kind of like tomatoes. I love the way they look. The seem really appetizing to me. I love sauces made from them as well as things like chili and soups. They just look delicious. But give me a raw tomato and tell me to eat a slice...and I am going to barf all over the place.
Wait....you will eat liver but not a tomato or avocado? Something wrong with you.

A little salt does wonderful things.

Wait....you will eat liver but not a tomato or avocado? Something wrong with you.
Actually, liver is the most nutritious food you can eat. Other organ meats have lots of good stuff in them too. Eating 3 oz of liver two to three times a week is like taking a multivitamin for a whole week and it's more bioavailable than the synthetic vitamins they use for the one a days.

Mmmmm, body filters.
Vegetables filter everything in the soil that it's planted in. With all the glyphosate that humans have killed the Earth with I think liver is the least of our worries. Humans have been eating animal organs for 10s of thousands of years. Most of the vegetables that we eat now (in their current form) have really only been around for a few hundred.

Also...the liver is not a filter. A filter implies that it it strains or collects certain things and keeps them from moving on...becoming clogged if not cleaned from time to time. The liver does not do that. The liver does many things...a few things it does is that it takes toxins and moves them to your waste (poop and pee) to be eliminated from the body. The Liver can also take toxins and make them into things that are less toxic so your body can eliminate those. The liver can also process toxins and include it in your bile to be eliminated later. At no time does your liver hold on to toxins unless there is something seriously wrong with it.

All that...and I like the taste of it too. Not saying it is for everyone...but I like the stuff.

Yes yes, thank you Dr Don ;) I was just spouting off as per usual.

I enjoy a nice pate with my wine and cheese night.

Yes yes, thank you Dr Don ;) I was just spouting off as per usual.

I enjoy a nice pate with my wine and cheese night.
And I too was spouting off as usual...

I'm actually thinking of making my own "pate" this weekend. Not duck or goose liver...but chicken liver...recipe calls for tequila. I'll let you know how it is...that is if I ever make it. Cooking calf tongue this weekend too.

Back