The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Help Me Choose

clyde72

Almond Milk Lattes are my POWER
Legacy
Well it seems I have a dilemma. I was given a late birthday present and it turns out I already had one. So with the understanding of the giver I returned it and have some birthday cash to spend.

I've narrowed it down to 4 choices:

1. Maggard Razors
Mickey Lee Soapworks - The Kraken soap
Mickey Lee Soapworks - Drunken Goat soap
Fine Accoutrements Platinum Eau de Toilette
Fine Accoutrements American Blend Eau de Toilette
Black Ship Grooming Co. Ghost Ship Shaving Soap
Black Ship Grooming Co. Ghost Ship Aftershave Splash

2. Bullgoose Shaving Supplies
Pitralon Pure Aftershave Splash
Pitralon Polar Aftershave Splash
Pitralon Classic Aftershave Splash (German Pitralon)
Asylum Shave Works Vetiver Bourbon Tallow Shaving Soap
Asylum Shave Works Aftershave Splash -Vetiver Bourbon
Asylum Shave Works Old Virginia Tallow Shaving Soap
Asylum Shave Works Aftershave Splash -Old Virginia
Epsilon Blue Aftershave

3. Wet Shaving Products
Aftershave Tonic Splash Ol' Kentucky
Formula T Shaving Soap Ol' Kentucky
Cologne Spray Premium Scents Gaelic Tweed
Aftershave Tonic Splash Gaelic Tweed
Formula T Shaving Soap Gaelic Tweed

4. Saponificio Varesino
After Shave Opuntia
Opuntia Beta 4.3 - Special Edition Shaving Soap
Felce Aromatica Beta 4.3 (Aromatic Fern) Reformulated - Limited Edition Shaving Soap
After Shave Balm Aromatic Fern

So vote for what you think I should order. I can only order one.

I voted #1.

Seemed like the winner by collection!

Though #2 was almost as interesting!

It was between 1 and 4 for me...the Fine EdP's are actually really darned good!

EDIT: I went with 4...because, well...SV!

Thanks for the responses so far Chris, Dave, Don, and Josh!

I edited the Bullgoose choice to include some Epsilon Blue Aftershave. I forgot to add that one for some reason.

I voted SV. Almost voted Maggard but I can't wish the Drunken Catfish Bait I mean Goat on anyone.

I voted SV because for me the others would be easier to throw in a cart from time to time. The SV is a bigger purchase which makes me pause when buying it for myself.

I voted 4 because it’s SV and it doesn’t come out of the normal shave stuff budget. And besides it’s SV for Pete sakes

I voted SV because for me the others would be easier to throw in a cart from time to time. The SV is a bigger purchase which makes me pause when buying it for myself.
I voted 4 because it’s SV and it doesn’t come out of the normal shave stuff budget. And besides it’s SV for Pete sakes
Thanks for the input Dave and TJ. Actually the cost of each of these options is about the same.

One vote to six? Clearly the odds favor #1. Be a rebel, it’s what the cool kids do.

Thanks for the input Dave and TJ. Actually the cost of each of these options is about the same.
I meant the cost of each element of the package. I would think twice before adding a $45 soap to and order, but not for three $15 soaps.

SV will never disappoint, you gotta have some in your den. If I were asked to suggest a second option i would suggest the Fine Accoutrements items (not the other stuff from maggards (BTW Maggards is doing free edge shipping with orders of $25 this weekend). The Bullgoose line up is awesome, if you want an all or none second choice go with that.

I went with number 3...it's the only stuff on the list I have any experience with
1f61d.png
Thanks Steve! I have experience with all of these brands, but the Eplison Blue.
SV all the way.
Thanks Doug!
SV will never disappoint, you gotta have some in your den. If I were asked to suggest a second option i would suggest the Fine Accoutrements items (not the other stuff from maggards (BTW Maggards is doing free edge shipping with orders of $25 this weekend). The Bullgoose line up is awesome, if you want an all or none second choice go with that.
Thanks Chris! I do have some SV in my den, just not these.

I won't be much help at all Craig. I've only tried the SV fern out of any of those. I liked the smell, but being non-tallow it didn't perform for me at all. That is a known issue with me however, so don't take it that it's a bad soap. I have tried a Mickey Lee soap, but they discontinued the one I tried and liked. The rest I've not tried and have nothing to base an opinion from.

Back