The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hello!

A Navy Vet? I guess we will let you in... 🤪

Marine Corps and Army National Guard Vet myself.

I'm a little late to the party but just wanted to say Welcome to TSC @MarkB !!!

Avid shooter (firearm of choice: Beretta 96 in .40 S&W)
Sweet! Another .40 S&W guy. I have a Sig 229 in .40 and have used an H&K USP in .40 to compete with since 2001. I haven't shot much in the last two or three years, but I did a lot of defensive pistol competitions, organized and ran a defensive pistol shoot at my local club for three years, and have instructed.

Sweet! Another .40 S&W guy. I have a Sig 229 in .40 and have used an H&K USP in .40 to compete with since 2001. I haven't shot much in the last two or three years, but I did a lot of defensive pistol competitions, organized and ran a defensive pistol shoot at my local club for three years, and have instructed.
Nice!! I'm currently looking at a Sig 1911 Select. Have heard great things about the Sig 1911 style pistols. Just wish I could try one before I committed..

48220-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Have heard great things about the Sig 1911 style pistols. Just wish I could try one before I committed..
Haven't had the chance to hold or try one. Years ago I had a Wilson Combat compact 1911. I was getting a little more serious about shooting and wanted a higher capacity and longer sight radius. This was back when the .40 S&W was fairly new. I was shopping around and looking at other 1911's and stumbled on the H&K. After finding out how they used the same grip angle as the 1911, the controls were set up in the same fashion with the exception of the mag release, and the torture they put it through, I was sold.
Being the same basis as the 1911, it was an easy transition. The mag release is a lever that runs under the trigger guard. For me personally it works better. I use my index finger on my shooting hand and able to hit it without changing my grip to use my thumb. Field stripping is stupid simple also. 80,000 plus rounds later and it is still shooting better than I do.
I will say, there is no way I'd turn down the chance to try out that Sig though. If it's even half the pistol my 229 has been, it's got to be a damn fine shooter.

Back