The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hello from the Tundra

I was blithely popping in and out of the other place noticing that some regular posters were not showing up much. I'd just assumed it was life, so KJ's email today was a bit of a shot out of the blue.

I am glad to have been invited though and am glad to see a bunch of familiar faces.

I'm Bob and, as you may have guessed, am from the Minneapolis - St. Paul area.

I grew up in Ohio and spent 8 years on the East Coast before retuning to the Midwest. Other than the length of winters (we just had 14 inches of snow this past weekend), I really love Minnesota.

Professionally, I'm a transactional lawyer. Nonprofessionally, I'm married and have 2 teenage boys. I stumbled into wet shaving while looking for products that had the same scent as Yardley English Lavender soap. One thing led to another and now I am currently in an annual sabbatical. My goal this year is to reduce my software and hardware holdings by 50%.

In any event, I'm enjoying these intros.

Looking forward to checking things out.

Bob

Welcome Bob! I'm not familiar with that S word....was that the Red Baron I just saw?

Glad to have you Bob! Although I’m sure that “S” word is off limits so we should say that you are a master enabler that is currently waiting for the next big time soap you can’t live without.

Welcome Bob, Good to see you here. We are somewhat like Cheers, Have Fun

Welcome on!

50% reduction sounds hefty! Better start shaving 5 times a day!

Welcome to TSC Bob!

Did someone say the S word?
1f60b.png

Welcome, well the S word sabbatical sounds very nice to me, I dunno what these guys are talking about ?

Welcome

Welcome. I had a similar entry into the wet shaving hobby. I came looking “that barbershop smell I remembered from childhood”, it took me awhile to figure out it was Pinaud clubman. Before figuring that out I made a pretty mean batch of homemade bay rum aftershave.
I gave up trying to abstain or reduce, the harder I try the more I buy ...give into the beast and I buy the least.

Welcome. I grew up in Stillwater and lived in St. Paul a few years ago before moving out east.

Back