The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hello from the Adirondacks

ME2Shaves

Jr. Shave Member
Hi folks, Thanks for the wonderful forum. I have been an on again off again wet shaver/head shaver for over a decade, but recently decided get into the artisan side of the hobby/habit. I am excited to learn more about BBS shaves with the safety razor (DE) and to shave with the straight razor.

Welcome to the forum @ME2Shaves glad to have you! If you're interested in learning to shave with a straight razor, you've come to the right place.

There are A BUNCH of us here that pretty much exclusively shave with a straight razor.
  • @BarberDave has a great set of straight razor shaving tutorials HERE
  • Also in the member shave videos section HERE there are tons of us shaving with straights if you want to see good technique from a bunch of different folks.
Feel free to start a journal HERE on your progress or ask any question you want on the open forums. We are all here to help and really enjoy getting others started and or helping folks along in their journey.

Questions:
  1. What is your favorite safety razor and blade combination?
  2. Favorite Artisan that you've tried so far?
  3. Favorite scent?

Looking forward to your Shave of the day photos!

Welcome @ME2Shaves to The Cadre!! The forum is a wealth of info and good gentlemanly forums. Please make sure to familiarize yourself with our Terms and Conditions Linked Here:
https://theshavingcadre.com/threads/tsc-terms-of-use-tou-revisions-updates-2-2021.3796/

Thanks for posting an introduction thread.

Should you need any assistance in navigating the site or help please contact any of our friendly Concierge Staff.

@Spider , @NurseDave @heysi , @Fenster , @Scuttlesoap

or feel free to reach out to any of the owners of TSC
@BarberDave
@CVargo
@CBLindsay

Again Welcome and have a great time

Welcome to the forum @ME2Shaves glad to have you! If you're interested in learning to shave with a straight razor, you've come to the right place.

There are A BUNCH of us here that pretty much exclusively shave with a straight razor.
  • @BarberDave has a great set of straight razor shaving tutorials HERE
  • Also in the member shave videos section HERE there are tons of us shaving with straights if you want to see good technique from a bunch of different folks.
Feel free to start a journal HERE on your progress or ask any question you want on the open forums. We are all here to help and really enjoy getting others started and or helping folks along in their journey.

Questions:
  1. What is your favorite safety razor and blade combination?
  2. Favorite Artisan that you've tried so far?
  3. Favorite scent?

Looking forward to your Shave of the day photos!

Thanks,

My current favorite razor was my first purchase of an upscale DE razor. It is the Yates 921-M. I also have the brass hybrid plate with one side open comb that I like to shave with. The handle seems like it would be too long, but it works perfectly for me.

Favorite artisan soap/after shave is Barrister & Mann, though I enjoy Talbot soaps and am just getting into Wholly Kaw.

Favorite scent is a hard one. I really have enjoyed the experience of using Saguesera by B&M, but I love more floral scents like lavendar and barbershop too.

Back