The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hello from Texas

Amen Texan Cadre (@MilkCrate & @bentheduck), Texas just wouldn't be Texas without Whataburger & Blue Bell!!

As an aside, I still think the only DQ's you can get the steakfinger baskets are the ones in Texas! Chicken baskets for other states😂

I agree. DQ is better in Texas. I went to one further up north, and they did not have any of their normal burgers, chicken sandwiches, or blizzards. It was very sad. Whataburger is my favorite fast food place (sweet and spicey bacon burger is a gift from God) but a close second is DQ.

Welcome Pat.

There is a killer 5 day meet in Burkburnett, TX Feb. 19-23. Come for a day, an afternoon, or the whole five days. I promise you that it will be worth your time. It's a makers meet, but along with the forging and grinding, there is plenty of honing, restoration, BBQ, camaraderie, oh and did I say BBQ, going on. I can send more info if you want it.

Victor

Welcome Pat.

There is a killer 5 day meet in Burkburnett, TX Feb. 19-23. Come for a day, an afternoon, or the whole five days. I promise you that it will be worth your time. It's a makers meet, but along with the forging and grinding, there is plenty of honing, restoration, BBQ, camaraderie, oh and did I say BBQ, going on. I can send more info if you want it.

Victor
Dang that's a drive from my corner of Houston. My captain is from Vernon. I'd love to go. Pm incoming. I hope my work schedule doesn't interfere too much.

Welcome Pat.

Victor

That sounds pretty awesome! I definitely would like more information.

That's cool that y'all live out here too. On another note, now I know who to blame when I go to TJ Max and there are no wet shave products to be found.
Nope just blame @Dave in KY ...easiest thing you’ll ever do...because eventually something you buy, use, discard, ignore...will be DIRECTLY attributable to Dave! Including the knowledge and laughs...:p

Welcome Pat.

Victor
I think the details of that meetup deserve its own thread!!!

Back