The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hello from Texas

Patelliott

"I NEED NurseDave's Energy"
Hey everyone, my name is Patrick Elliott. I have been wet shaving for a little bit and I enjoy hearing about everyone's opinions on soaps, razors, brushes, etc.

A little bit about me, I am 26 and from Texas. I got into wet shaving when I took on a supervisory role at UPS and had to be clean shaved everyday. I started out with a Vander Hagen DE, but I have learned that I prefer straight razors. I like soaps more than creams, but lately I have been enjoying some softer soaps like Stirling and M&M.

Welcome Patrick! Glad you could join us!

Found a setup that fires on all cylinders for you yet?

Welcome to the zoo. Jump in some of the conversations. You wont find a better group of guys.

Welcome Patrick! Glad you could join us!

Found a setup that fires on all cylinders for you yet?

So far I have found some pretty great products, especially recently. I have a Dovo 5/8 razor and a Fromm 6/8 razor. I have been eyeing a Ralf Aust and a Case, but I have not pulled the trigger on them yet. My favorite soaps are TOBS Sandalwood, Stirling Baker Street, M&M Trinity, and Proraso. I have some others on their way. I just learned about Fromms Strop Dressing and that really made a difference. I have always face lathered, but I have a scuttle coming in this week so I am about to give that a try. I have always used a badger brush that I bought when I first started, but my in-laws just gifted me two new brushes, one sythetic and the other is horse hair. My wife has encouraged me to set up a shave den in our spare bathroom (although I believe her motives are suspect) so since then I have just been reading everyone's reviews on products and trying some out that sound appealing.

Back