The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hello from Southern CA

DeepSea

"Will Dive for Shave Gear"
Active Duty
Just stumbled across this forum, lurked a little bit and looks like a fun group. I’ve only been wet shaving for about 6 months and have was bit by RAD pretty hard until I found a couple pieces of hardware that really hit it out of the park. I’m happy to be here!

Howdy and welcome! If you’ve found the perfect razors, then you can switch to buying more soaps! :)

Happy you found our little corner of the Inter-Webz! Sit down and enjoy a conversation her at TSC! Welcome to the Cadre!

Welcome to the Cadre!!

Yes.... do tell, what has hit it out of the park?

Welcome. Now that you're done with your RAD, what's on your radar for you impending SAD?

Welcome to the Cadre. It‘s a great place for new wet shavers. I’m only about 4 months in with wet shaving and have learned a ton from this vast knowledge base that is very eager to help a Cadre member out.

The Gibbs Adjustable has really hit it out of the park for me. Making me think about getting rid of my Gillette adjustables. Just got my Yates SS razor in the mail about an hour ago. Can’t wait to give this thing a go tonight. As for the SAD, I got a few samples in earlier this week and am trying to take it easy on buying full size soaps until I find the right ones. Thanks to all for the warm welcome!!

I’m searching for coffee scents at the moment or chocolate scents without too much sweetness.
Try Storybook Soapworks Coffee Spoons for a really straight forward coffee scent. I don't have any suggestions for chocolate; the two that I have are no longer in production.

I’m searching for coffee scents at the moment or chocolate scents without too much sweetness.
I bet that once @CBLindsay is back from his vacation, he could probably help you with that. His Morning Blend soap was a home run scent! That particular scent was a heavy whipping cream/coffee, nice n creamy coffee smell, though probably sweeter than you’re looking for. Maybe he could adjust it though...

Gibbs.... Yates..... never heard of these! Looking forward to your impressions, pics, and reviews on these.

I do have some CBL Morning Blend available if you’re interested.

Gibbs.... Yates..... never heard of these! Looking forward to your impressions, pics, and reviews on these.

I do have some CBL Morning Blend available if you’re interested.
Never heard of a Gibbs..............................get back under your rock KJ

Back