The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hello From India

ashwinbalachandran

Shave Newbie
Hi all

I am Ashwin , a fellow wet shaver from India, more specifically southern India from a city called Chennai

I got into wet shaving 3 years back when a friend taught me how to use a shavette with a half DE blade and shaving has never been the same for me since

About a year back, I moved to DE razors as shavette took a lot of time and concentration . I got a few razors but finally settled on a Timeless Slim Titanium OC

About 2 weeks back, a fellow wet shaver loaned me R41 GS and told me to try it! I did and I absolutely loved it and got myself a R41 GS thanks to the black friday deal on raisogoodfellas.eu :) I shipped the razor to a friend in germany and it will reach me next week :)

I also love everything that barrister and mann has to offer!

Happy to be part of this group!

Ashwin

Hi all

I am Ashwin , a fellow wet shaver from India, more specifically southern India from a city called Chennai

I got into wet shaving 3 years back when a friend taught me how to use a shavette with a half DE blade and shaving has never been the same for me since

About a year back, I moved to DE razors as shavette took a lot of time and concentration . I got a few razors but finally settled on a Timeless Slim Titanium OC

About 2 weeks back, a fellow wet shaver loaned me R41 GS and told me to try it! I did and I absolutely loved it and got myself a R41 GS thanks to the black friday deal on raisogoodfellas.eu :) I shipped the razor to a friend in germany and it will reach me next week :)

I also love everything that barrister and mann has to offer!

Happy to be part of this group!

Ashwin
Welcome Ashwin, we're glad you found us.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Welcome Ashwin! Glad you could join us!

What kinds of other shave gear/software do you enjoy?
Hello! Thanks for the welcome!

Have listed my favourite razors and soaps :) that apart, i absolutely love the fitjar island stubble softener!

It really does a great job of softening the stubble - imagine getting a product that does exactly what it says it does

Pity that not many stock fitjar island stuff. I usually get my stuff from the US and none of the famous retailers stock them :(

Gifts and Care used to till last year but I don’t see much on their site

Another product that i love is my stef baxter lathering bowl. It is a work of art ! Well ridged , has an angled thumb hole and retains heat !

Hi Ashwin, Barrister and Mann are one of my favorite wet shaving companies too!

Welcome!
Thanks! Yes, they are pretty awesome but i have heard that they got it pretty wrong with their four horseman release. A friend who is an ardent supporter of b&m is now skeptical of their seasonal releases post four horsemen :) I though am perfectly happy with their regular stuff like cool, lavender et al

Thanks! Yes, they are pretty awesome but i have heard that they got it pretty wrong with their four horseman release. A friend who is an ardent supporter of b&m is now skeptical of their seasonal releases post four horsemen :) I though am perfectly happy with their regular stuff like cool, lavender et al
Last Halloween, I visited @Spider for his Halloween party where he let me smell the Four Horseman soaps. The one was so weird and completely strange that I couldn't even place the scent. It turns out it was cilantro! 🤮

I like their Dune-themed soap, MĂ©lange even though it was WAY too strong a scent. Most of their seasonal offerings that I've tried were pretty good, but there is bound to be a turd :poop: in there once in a while.

Last Halloween, I visited @Spider for his Halloween party where he let me smell the Four Horseman soaps. The one was so weird and completely strange that I couldn't even place the scent. It turns out it was cilantro! 🤮

I like their Dune-themed soap, MĂ©lange even though it was WAY too strong a scent. Most of their seasonal offerings that I've tried were pretty good, but there is bound to be a turd :poop: in there once in a while.
I am really interested in the braeburn , their latest one with apple but i have burnt my finger on getting too many soaps that found their way on my local b/s/t . So i have come up with a rule - no buying without testing for all things wet shaving :)
Same reason why i didn’t get any sv soaps during the Black Friday sale on raisogoodfellas !

I am reading a lovely thread on sv samples as i type on this group. Pretty good explanation given for all sv soaps!

I am really interested in the braeburn , their latest one with apple but i have burnt my finger on getting too many soaps that found their way on my local b/s/t . So i have come up with a rule - no buying without testing for all things wet shaving :)
Same reason why i didn’t get any sv soaps during the Black Friday sale on raisogoodfellas !

I am reading a lovely thread on sv samples as i type on this group. Pretty good explanation given for all sv soaps!
Yeah.... That's how I ended up with 100+ soaps LOL

Howdy!

Welcome to The Cadre! Good to have you here. Lots of amazing people here so anything you want to know or need to ask, we're here for you!

Lots to see, read, and get involved with here. We're so much more than just a wet shaving forum. We have so much fun. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

The forum is a wealth of info and good gentlemanly fun. Please make sure to familiarize yourself with our Terms and Conditions Linked Here:
https://theshavingcadre.com/threads/tsc-terms-of-use-tou-revisions-updates-2-2021.3796/

Should you need any assistance in navigating the site or help please contact any of our friendly Concierge Staff.

@Spider , @NurseDave , @heysi , @Fenster

or feel free to reach out to any of the owners of TSC
@BarberDave
@CVargo
@CBLindsay

Back