The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Hello from central Europe

pkotrcka

Shave Newbie
Good morning, good afternoon and good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen,

I present you one of the newest members of this fine establishment, myself.

I am Peter, originally form Slovakia but currently living and shaving in Prague, Czech republic (for all of you in the great US of A, this might be below your threshold, so let's say it's central Europe). I am almost 40 but, shame on me, I am only wet shaving since October of the last year. I am a huge fan of Merkur and Böker so obviously, my most favourite shaving device are:

Safety DE razor: Merkur 15c
Shavette: Böker Barberette Pro
Fav. blade: Timor (both for DE and shavette)

When I am already shaved, I like to use (and collect) fountain pens, I love trains, riding on a bike. I work as a tech guy / helpdesk for a website. And that's all, you can continue reading something more interesting on this forum now.

Welcome @pkotrcka ! I think you'll find this to be a very inclusive community that enjoys shaving and a few good laughs. I use a straight razor about 99% of the time and love it! The Barberette Pro is a great way to get started with straight razors, but is a bit different from the real thing. When you're ready to make the step into traditional straights, you'll find that there are a ton of resources and mentors on this forum.

Wishing you well,

Matt

Welcome @pkotrcka ! I think you'll find this to be a very inclusive community that enjoys shaving and a few good laughs. I use a straight razor about 99% of the time and love it! The Barberette Pro is a great way to get started with straight razors, but is a bit different from the real thing. When you're ready to make the step into traditional straights, you'll find that there are a ton of resources and mentors on this forum.

Wishing you well,

Matt
Thank you. I am not afraid to step-up, it's just a matter of the initial cost and additional maintenance. But to be honest, I already have a razor that I would like to purchase. My estimates are, that it would be a great birthday present for myself, man is only 40 once 🙃

Welcome Peter! Glad you could join us.

What kinds of soaps and aftershaves do you enjoy?

Peter, Welcome to The Cadre! Good to have you here.

If you haven't already, please make sure to familiarize yourself with our Terms and Conditions Linked Here:
https://theshavingcadre.com/threads/tsc-terms-of-use-tou-revisions-updates-2-2021.3796/

Should you need any assistance in navigating the site or help please contact any of our friendly Concierge Staff.

@Spider , @NurseDave , @heysi , @Fenster

or feel free to reach out to any of the owners of TSC
@BarberDave
@CVargo
@CBLindsay

We're definitely a different kind of forum, with lots to offer that other forums don't. Check out our Zoom calls, every other weekend. Great conversations, and an awesome way to meet your fellow wet shavers.

Also, I know we’ve got lots of fountain pen users here, and a few that enjoy biking. Feel free to start a thread on any non-shaving topic you like. Many of us have been shaving for quite some time, and prefer the non-shaving topics here.

I’m curious, what type of shaving products you can find locally? Specifically local soaps or aftershaves that are from your region.

Also, I know we’ve got lots of fountain pen users here, and a few that enjoy biking. Feel free to start a thread on any non-shaving topic you like. Many of us have been shaving for quite some time, and prefer the non-shaving topics here.

I’m curious, what type of shaving products you can find locally? Specifically local soaps or aftershaves that are from your region.
Well, we have a lot of german stuff available. But the one aftershave that is really local is Alpa (378 is probably the most famous, but there are others).

Good morning, good afternoon and good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen,

I present you one of the newest members of this fine establishment, myself.

I am Peter, originally form Slovakia but currently living and shaving in Prague, Czech republic (for all of you in the great US of A, this might be below your threshold, so let's say it's central Europe). I am almost 40 but, shame on me, I am only wet shaving since October of the last year. I am a huge fan of Merkur and Böker so obviously, my most favourite shaving device are:

Safety DE razor: Merkur 15c
Shavette: Böker Barberette Pro
Fav. blade: Timor (both for DE and shavette)

When I am already shaved, I like to use (and collect) fountain pens, I love trains, riding on a bike. I work as a tech guy / helpdesk for a website. And that's all, you can continue reading something more interesting on this forum now.
Welcome pkotrcka, good to see you here. Decades ago, I read Checkmate in Prague: The Memoirs of a Grandmaster. It was by Luděk Pachman. I had read an insightful chess book by him and had gone through some of his games and was a fan of his.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Back