The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Head shaving

Adamf

Jr. Shave Member
Not sure if I’m posting in the right discussion. Mods, move as needed.
Ok ok I have a flat top haircut. I keep the sides to the skin. I’ve always used a cartridge razor in fear of cutting myself. I think I’m going to start using my DE. A little nervous about it. With the cartridge I could shave against the grain. Any head shavers here that can give me some advice?

Attachments

• IMG_9827.jpeg
    IMG_9827.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 3
You might want to take a look at the Leaf razor for head shaves. A lot of head shavers use them.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I always use a DE to shave the back of my neck, and the few times I’ve used a razor on the sides/back of my head I’ve used my DE as well. When you’ve shaved long enough that you have your technique down, you should be able to keep your angle and pressure constant no matter where you shave. Also if your technique is refined enough you should be able to shave without looking, to get some of the trickier parts.

I would love to shave my head so I could give you some tips, but I’m not allowed.

Back