The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Has anyone tried the housebrand waterstones from SharpeningSupplies.Com?

Follow-on question: Does anyone have experience with the Chinese Natural stones (ie the 12k CNAT)?
I have one but have never use it. The gentleman I bought it off of said it was slow but he got good edges off of it.

I have one but have never use it. The gentleman I bought it off of said it was slow but he got good edges off of it.
I am going far down this rabbit hole of natural stones I guess. It occurred to me that one of these might be interesting to play with.

I had a c-nat once. My opinion/experience should be taken with a grain of salt because I was very new when I had it. I was not impressed with it but it did behave very much like the harder welsh slate. I’m sure that if I knew then what I know now I might say it was more capable than I gave credit for. The price was good though.

Not yet and probably wont, however those look like a great deal. Once I got the Coti and Arks down my Shapton's just sit.
Whats wrong with the sharptons? The only stone i have is a barbers hone and have been looking at other stones and was curious since you said they just sit. Thanks

Whats wrong with the sharptons? The only stone i have is a barbers hone and have been looking at other stones and was curious since you said they just sit. Thanks
Nothing is wrong with the shapton stones just preference. I use shapton pro stones for my lower stuff. I set the bevel on the 2k then go to 5k and 8k and finish on jnat with slurry to water.

Nothing is wrong with the shapton stones just preference. I use shapton pro stones for my lower stuff. I set the bevel on the 2k then go to 5k and 8k and finish on jnat with slurry to water.
Thanks for the info.

Back