The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Guarded Blades?

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
Prior to trying out the Vector I had no idea that a guarded blade even existed. Now I am finding out that there are AC style guarded blades and that there may be even DE guarded blades. I am curious to know if the Cadre has experience using guarded blades. The reason I am asking is because for one...there isn't a lot of talk about them. Secondly, I wonder if a guarded blade would help me into my foray of straights, barber straights, hair shapers, etc, etc, etc. So...what are your experiences...are there some that are better than other? Would this minimize blood loss when I do something whacky? What are some brands? Just go wild!

I agree i like the feather guarded blades too. Thats whats in the kai clone and the kamisori i have. They work well. Dont let yourself get over confident just because they are guarded though you can still get nicked with them but they seem easier to learn with

Never really paid attention to Kia, and didn’t know there were other guarded blades out there. I’ve tried unguarded in the RX and they are just too aggressive for me.

But with turbo....
They literally kicked off their best marketing campaign with hamsters...if that isn’t a scary word about their car quality, I don’t know what is. I half expected to find a wheel inside the engine compartment the first time I opened one up. :ROFLMAO:

Back