The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Grooming Department: Yuzu

GearNoir

“The Disney Princess’s Apprentice”
Yuzu - Vegan base: Scent notes: Yuzu, Citrus Accord, Basil, Clove, Haitian Vetiver

Ingredients:
Stearic Acid, Water, Glycerin, Coconut Milk, Potassium Hydroxide, Castor Oil, Kokum Butter, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Shea Butter, Sucrose Cocoate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Safflower Oil, Cupuacu Butter, Jojoba Oil, Babassu Oil, Acacia Senegal Gum, Kaolin Clay, Abyssinian Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Candelilla Wax, Carnauba Wax, Allantoin, Chamomile Extract, Sea Buckthorn Extract. Flaxseed Oil, Sacha Inchi Extract.

The scent of this soap soap is very pleasing. It is a green scent, quite a bouquet to me without being super floral, and a hinted underlying earthiness. It was almost an herbaceous umami scent.

Whereas GD: Angel was easy to lather and maintained slickness in line with its bretheren, I by far had the most trouble with Yuzu this morning. The sample was the closest so far to a regular soap in its density and firmness. I loaded (I thought) for a good 45 seconds in total (I had to reload a bit here and there throughout the shave) but the lather was just off.

The to get the slickness I like, which the other soaps had, I pretty much had to break the lather a bit, as whenever I reworked in product it just felt pasty and dry. So the lather ended slightly runny with some slickness, but definitely lacked the richness of the other soaps. Likely this had something to do with the lack of actual tallow and having a vegan base; just a guess.

Of the samples so far, this has been my least favorite in performance.

To reiterate, I am in no way affiliated with the company nor do I have interest/stake/or claim in its products.

Do you have any experience with Yuzu? I hope it was positive! Please share!

Back