The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Greetings

B.Stegler

Shave Newbie
Hi all.
I live in the knife capitol of Sweden, Eskilstuna. I have been wet shaving for about 1,5 years and started to learn how to use a straight razor a mounth ago. My favourite razor by far is the Muhle R41 but I try to use other razors for change. I am planning to use straight razors more and more. Currently I own a CV Heljestrand No7 and a Francis Newton. Favourite artisan soap maker is HAGS.

Take care

Hey @B.Stegler - Welcome to the TSC - we are very happy to have you join the gang!

I really dig HAGS soaps as well - love their labels too! I like that they use Guinness in some of their bases!

CV Heljestrand is a great brand of straights -and I see you like your DEs on the aggressive side!

Some administrative stuff:

The forum is a wealth of info and good gentlemanly forums. Please make sure to familiarize yourself with our Terms and Conditions Linked Here:
https://theshavingcadre.com/threads/tsc-terms-of-use-tou-revisions-updates-2-2021.3796/

Should you need any assistance in navigating the site or help please contact any of our friendly Concierge Staff.

@Spider , @NurseDave @heysi , @Fenster , @Scuttlesoap

or feel free to reach out to any of the owners of TSC
@BarberDave
@CVargo
@CBLindsay

We are truly grateful you’ve decided to check the TSC out!

Hi all.
I live in the knife capitol of Sweden, Eskilstuna. I have been wet shaving for about 1,5 years and started to learn how to use a straight razor a mounth ago. My favourite razor by far is the Muhle R41 but I try to use other razors for change. I am planning to use straight razors more and more. Currently I own a CV Heljestrand No7 and a Francis Newton. Favourite artisan soap maker is HAGS.

Take care
Welcome. I am fairly new here as well. Friendly bunch.

@B.Stegler I'm a huge Swedish straight razor nut! E.A. Berg, C.V. Heljestrand, Klas Tornblom, SSA, Edv. Niestrom, Helburg, C.W. Dahlgren, Jernbolaget, & Söderen all produced amazing Swedish blades with wonderful steel. I own at least one razor from each of these companies and can't say a thing against them, well except that the tiny framebacks that they produced are kinda dangerous if you're not totally focused! :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, welcome to the forum and I really hope to see you joining the discussions! Above all, ask questions if you have them!

Wishing you well,

Matt

@B.Stegler I'm a huge Swedish straight razor nut! E.A. Berg, C.V. Heljestrand, Klas Tornblom, SSA, Edv. Niestrom, Helburg, C.W. Dahlgren, Jernbolaget, & Söderen all produced amazing Swedish blades with wonderful steel. I own at least one razor from each of these companies and can't say a thing against them, well except that the tiny framebacks that they produced are kinda dangerous if you're not totally focused! :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, welcome to the forum and I really hope to see you joining the discussions! Above all, ask questions if you have them!

Wishing you well,

Matt
Lol, @Luecke3262, I was wonder when you were going to find this thread.

Back