The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Greetings from the SEA/TAC area!

Clemson Tiger

Jr. Shave Member
Hello all!!! I’m new to this forum but definitely not a newbie by any stretch. I’ve been wet shaving since the ‘90’s when my dad taught me to shave. Been using the DE razors and Covid has yielded some new skills, whereas I’ve learned to shave with and hone a straight razor. I restored a soviet era razor and I’ll tell you what, it would shave the green off the Statue of Liberty!

When it comes to brushes, I own no badgers, just my boars (omega 10098, Semogue 1305, Vanderhagen) my synthetic (plissoft Italian flag) and my Parker Silvertip.

I’ll use my gem SE’s here and there- but I stick to straights and DE’s mostly. Merkur 34C, Edwin Jagger DL89, and my Gillette SuperSpeed. People rave about open combs and slants etc. I’ve had so much pleasure w these I saw no need to expand. I LOVE my SuperSpeed because it’ll take ANY garbage blade (I’m currently using Vanderhagen blades in it) and I get an awesome shave with no blood or irritation.

I’m a big fan of Arko, Proraso, Williams, I LOVE tabac- I’m a bay rum hound- I definitely was NOT chosen by the veg about 12 years ago. Yeah, I dumped the whole bottle down the toilet. I have RECENTLY learned that the scent in the bottle is affected by the plastic & some people decant or shift to glass dasher bottles- and that the scent calms down or settles in over a period of about ten minutes. So- I just ordered a bottle- and I’m willing to attribute my lack of chosen-ness to my own ignorance and user error 🤣😂🤣 so I’ll definitely keep you posted 🤣

Beyond that- been using Proraso Wood and Spice & TOBS Lavender lately. Been trying to use up and finish bottles of aftershave I won’t be replacing like Chrome, Jovan Musk, etc. Just picked up another 38 Oz of Proraso green AS.

I’m a navy vet, Clemson alum thanks to a Post 9/11 GI Bill, father of 2, happily married, enjoy a tobacco pipe now and again- I’ve got 2 aquariums- so that keeps me plenty busy in life when I’m not working.

Well that’s a glimpse of what I call spoiling myself rotten or what my wife calls “why you spend forever in the bathroom” 😂Happy Shearing!!!

Welcome.
Tabac lover check
Veteran Check

Welcome! familiarize yourself with the TOU and above all have fun, and again welcome to the cadre

Welcome to The Cadre brother! AF vet here!

You definitely have a lot of common interests. I have 3 aquariums for fish, and many other aquariums for other things…..

Get chatting man, cant wait to hear more about you!

We got a zoom call in a couple hours if you’re interested in hanging out with us!

Welcome to The Cadre brother! AF vet here!

You definitely have a lot of common interests. I have 3 aquariums for fish, and many other aquariums for other things…..

Get chatting man, cant wait to hear more about you!

We got a zoom call in a couple hours if you’re interested in hanging out with us!
I appreciate the invite, but I’m having company fly in tomorrow to visit for a while, so I’m straightening up around the house and getting the kid to clean her room 😂Thanks though!

@Clemson Tiger welcomed to the zoo.
You got it all going on, you will fit in well around here.
Since you're new here I'll spare you on my thoughts of Tabac🤮 dont let @BarberDave encourage you in evil ways.
Lol- when I ask my wife what she thinks of an AS or cologne, I get 3 answers:

1) wear that one if you want to get lucky.

2) eh- it’s you and it works for you- for like work or something.

3) no. No, as in you’re sleeping in the other room kind of no.

She is answer #2 with Tabac, answer #3 with Proraso Wood & Spice, answer #1 with Chrome or anything sandalwood. I can’t WAIT for her to get a whiff of the veg 😂😂😂 I’ll mix up some tabacaveg to see what everyone is screaming about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back