The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Greetings from Southeast Minnesota!

Boyd

Shave Newbie
Veteran
Greetings and Salutations One and All,

Just your average guy here. Retired Navy. Been a traditional DE wet shaver for many years and still manage to draw blood every once and awhile. Two pass (WTG & ATG) and minor pickups for a daily BBS shave. Incurable RAD, BAD, and SAD. Small collection of Gillette adjustables. Contemplating trying my hand at straights. Looking forward to good Interaction and conversation.

Warmest regards always,
Boyd

Welcome to the Cadre Boyd.

If you do decide to try straights there are a number of straight razor tutorials as well as videos in the Forum Media section.

Contemplating trying my hand at straights.
tenor.gif

Welcome. You'll fit right in

Welcome Boyd! Glad you could join in!

What are some of your current favorites as far as software and hardware?

All hail the Great Lake State! Oh, wait! That’s Michigan. Okay, let’s try this again.

All Hail the Show Me State! I think I got it right this time.

Either way. Super happy you are hear. Welcome aboard the Crazy Train!

Welcome Boyd! Glad you could join in!

What are some of your current favorites as far as software and hardware?
Paul Trotter’s brushes are awesome. An Executive Shaving G4 synthetic is frequently in rotation. Citrus and sandalwood are among my favorite scents. It’s hard to find a bad soap or cream these days, although some scents don’t appeal to me. I always purchase the matching splash as well. Gamechanger .84 OC and SB, Stirling’s hyper aggressive (a relatively new acquisition), Tatara Muramasa, and of course any Gillette adjustable. No preference on blades, they all work well. The Captain’s Choice Obsidian bowl is the best metal bowl I’ve ever used.

Hi Boyd. Welcome to the cadre. Glad to have you here.

The Captain’s Choice Obsidian bowl is the best metal bowl I’ve ever used.
I agree! Just beautiful to look at with the right size and weight to make using it a joy.

Back