The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Greetings from Malaysia

chard52142

TSC Yoda
Greetings to all!

I just joined yesterday. Here's hoping to learn more, hopefully....buy more and in general immersed myself in everything about shaving.

I started using DE in late May 2019 and since then, accumulated a nice shave den for a variety of razors (vintage & modern), brushes, soaps, bowls, blades, aftershaves and etc. I have enough shave gears and should stop but you all know what's it is like...šŸ˜šŸ˜
My main challenges are getting shave gears from the US/Canada or UK/EU but can be done and just gotta be patient. Sometimes being able to meet members/vendors willing to sell/ship is absolutely nice.
I do have some wish list (don't we allšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜€) especially for soaps/aftershaves and only 1 last DE razor and I should be done....

Thanks for having me and best regards to all,

Welcome on! Glad you could join us!

What are some of your favorite pieces of gear and software so far?

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks, guys! Glad to be here...

What are some of your favorite pieces of gear and software so far?

I have now a total of 26 DE razors vintage (11) and modern (15) with 4 straights.
Favorites for modern DEs includes GC.84 SB, RR German Slant, Fatip OC Grande & Yaqi DLC
Favorites for vintage DEs includes Gillette New SC, British RFB & Single Ring
All my brushes are from China because it is the cheapest & nearest, more varieties and reasonable quality (Yaqi 95%)
Soaps & Creams favorite number 1 is PAA Cavendish followed by Stirling, OSP, Catie's Bubbles and so forth (totaled 38:LOL:) my weakness is soaps/creams
Blades current favorite is Elios follow by Tatra, Polsilver, Wizamet and so forth (totaled 68 types of blades:LOL::LOL:) my 2nd weakness is DE blades
Aftershaves number 1 is PAA Cavendish followed by Clubman Whisky Woods, Gentsgin, etc only 12 in totaled. I love to get more but restricted by shipping woes
Turkish copper, Timeless & Nubs bowls for lathering
Unable to get my straights to shave ready even though tried a few times.

As for DE razors, I have had enough vintage, but for modern would/may consider a Karve and that'll be it.
Soaps, aftershaves, and blades are still fair game. Wishlist is A&A and P&B soaps and if possible the aftershaves.

I really enjoyed reading discussions/reviews and looking at shave gears pictures in the forum. I've learned a lot and hope to learn even more here.
Best regards,

Thanks, guys! Glad to be here...

I have now a total of 26 DE razors vintage (11) and modern (15) with 4 straights.
Favorites for modern DEs includes GC.84 SB, RR German Slant, Fatip OC Grande & Yaqi DLC
Favorites for vintage DEs includes Gillette New SC, British RFB & Single Ring
All my brushes are from China because it is the cheapest & nearest, more varieties and reasonable quality (Yaqi 95%)
Soaps & Creams favorite number 1 is PAA Cavendish followed by Stirling, OSP, Catie's Bubbles and so forth (totaled 38:LOL:) my weakness is soaps/creams
Blades current favorite is Elios follow by Tatra, Polsilver, Wizamet and so forth (totaled 68 types of blades:LOL::LOL:) my 2nd weakness is DE blades
Aftershaves number 1 is PAA Cavendish followed by Clubman Whisky Woods, Gentsgin, etc only 12 in totaled. I love to get more but restricted by shipping woes
Turkish copper, Timeless & Nubs bowls for lathering
Unable to get my straights to shave ready even though tried a few times.

As for DE razors, I have had enough vintage, but for modern would/may consider a Karve and that'll be it.
Soaps, aftershaves, and blades are still fair game. Wishlist is A&A and P&B soaps and if possible the aftershaves.

I really enjoyed reading discussions/reviews and looking at shave gears pictures in the forum. I've learned a lot and hope to learn even more here.
Best regards,
Great list! You have been quite busy! :ROFLMAO:

Welcome to the TSC you will find this place will be your second home! You have great gear and welcome!

Back