The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Greetings from KALAMAZOO, MI

Granite.Glasser

Shave Member
Greetings!
I am new to (and proud to be part of) "The Shaving Cadre" but not new to DE wet shaving. I was led here by a few esteemed colleagues from another shave forum in my never-ending quest for the ultimate shave soaps!
Thanks A LOT, fellas!!!

A bit about me:
Geologist / Hydrogeologist - Environmental Project Manager: Because we ALL need clean, drinkable water!
Jazz Trumpet Player: Because MUSIC makes the world go round!
Dedicated Husband: Because "I've got a gal in Kalamazo",... and I married her!
Runner: Because I still CAN and I just love it!
Child of God: Only by the GRACE of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

My shave equipment:
Razor*: Gillette "Pre-War" (1938-45 w/triangular lather slots) Fat Handle Tech
*I actually have two (2) of these: One is a very "minty" one that I use as my daily driver. The other is a very well-worn razor that I found at a local antique shop that my wife and I frequent. It has definite nickel plating loss on the handle and on the edges of the cap, but I absolutel CHERISH this razor because I know it was a one-owner piece that has served faithfully over the years. This well-worn beauty actually shaves ever so slightly better than my minty one,... but I reserve it for special occasions only!

Blade of Choice: Gillette Silver Blue
It's all I use!

Brushes: Simpson 56 Best Badger & Simpsone TULIP 2 Super Badger
I suppose you can call this a "rotation". I face lather exclusivey, and prefer traditional, SMALL, high-quality, badger brushes! The 56 Best was my first brush and it will always hold a special place for me. The TULIP 2 Super Badger was a birthday gift from my wife and she is soft, elegent, and curvy: the BRUSH, that is,... well, yes,... my wife too!!!

Aftershave: Ruzel Aftershave
I sport an old-school pompadour and am a bit of a hair fanatic! At 58 years young, I am BLESSED with a full head of thick hair! My barber turned me on to the REUZEL line of styling pomades and other hair care products, which I use daily. The REUZEL Aftershave is just a logical step for me, and I can get it directly from my barber! I love this stuff!

SOAPS: Ahhhhhhh Soaps!!!
This is where I add fun and variety to my shaving experience! I thoroughly enjoy traditional, triple-milled soaps from the likes of D.R. Harris (my 1st shave soap!), but am absolutely drawn to the craftsmanship, creativity, and elite performance of artisan soaps from such makers as: Barrister and Mann, Zingari Man, Ariana & Evans, Noble Otter, and Maggard Razors' artisan line made in Michigan by Maria Arman!

What a time to be a DE wet shaver!

PEACE,
Bobby "Granite" Glasser

Husband and Wife - Trumpet and Ukulele.jpeg

K-Zoo in da house! Welcome Bobby from another Michigander! I live in Missouri now, but I spent half my life in Michigan and miss is dearly. I grew up on Lowell.

Great introduction too! That’s how it’s done!

Welcome to The Cadre.

Boom! Now there’s an entry post! Glad to have you here.

Now, you’re saying Kalamazoo isn’t just a made up name???

Hey Bobby, welcome to the Cadre! So glad to see another familiar face join us.

Those who lead you on over here did you a solid. You'll be hard pressed to find a more entertaining part of the shaving webs. Enjoy.

Now, are you sure it wasn't the music that brought you here? I have been playing Louis Prima all morning.

Sent from my Speak and Spell via Tapatalk

Hey Bobby, welcome to the Cadre! So glad to see another familiar face join us.

Those who lead you on over here did you a solid. You'll be hard pressed to find a more entertaining part of the shaving webs. Enjoy.

Now, are you sure it wasn't the music that brought you here? I have been playing Louis Prima all morning.

Sent from my Speak and Spell via Tapatalk

Ha! Yes, I go where the music lives!
Louis P. may have been "Just a Gigolo", but he sure could sing and blow that horn!
KING of the swingers in my (Jungle) book!

Holy Cow! I think you just became my personal hero! I love the Pomp you rock and I love that swing in the jazz you play! Super happy that you found our little corner of the inter-webz! And that is one heck of an INTRO! Welcome to TSC!

Indeed! Lowell was right next to GR.

Lowell, MI: Located at the confluence of the Flat River and the Grand River!
Hey @Spider, have you ever noticed that Declaration Grooming products are made in Ferndale, Michigan (Greater Detroit area), but all of Scott's product names and desctiptions seem to have references to places and history in Missouri? Hmmmmmm?

Lowell, MI: Located at the confluence of the Flat River and the Grand River!
Hey @Spider, have you ever noticed that Declaration Grooming products are made in Ferndale, Michigan (Greater Detroit area), but all of Scott's product names and desctiptions seem to have references to places and history in Missouri? Hmmmmmm?
I get it........You're saying Scott is really Spiderman. COOL !!!

Back