The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Greetings from Boise ID

Ram57

Shave Member
Greetings ladies and gents.

I've been a wet shaver for 11 years now and am so glad I made the switch from cartridge razors. Truth be told I am a hardware and software hoarder and keep telling myself it's time to thin the den but never get around to following through with that threat. I am looking forward to making new friendships on this forum and shaving my SOTD with fellow shaving enthusiasts.

Welcome to The Cadre, and your new home in the Wet Shaving community! Good to have you here. Lots of amazing people here so anything you want to know, or need to ask, we're here for you!

Lots to see, read, and get involved with here. We're much more than just a wet shaving forum. I'm here for the camaraderie more than anything else. We have so much fun. In addition to the traditional SOTD type posts, we also have a lot of Shave VLOGers, we have a section of Shaving Journals, host bi-weekly Zoom Calls, play Forum Bingo bi-monthly, bi-monthly “fantasy” sumo contest, host an annual Holiday Gift and Card exchange, and so much more.

Aside from Shaving, we’re also into pipes, cigars, coffee, watches, guns, cars, astronomy, fitness, food, alcohol, pets, beekeeping, gardening, music, movies, and just about any other hobby out there. If you don’t see a thread already about a hobby you’re interested in…. start one!

All these activities make us more than just a Forum or Wet Shaving Community. We’re a Brotherhood, a Family, or simply put: The Cadre! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Please make sure to familiarize yourself with our Terms and Conditions Linked Here:
https://theshavingcadre.com/threads/tsc-terms-of-use-tou-revisions-updates-2-2021.3796/

Should you need any assistance in navigating the site or help please contact any of our friendly Concierge Staff.

@Spider , @NurseDave @heysi , @Fenster

or feel free to reach out to any of the owners of TSC
@BarberDave
@CVargo
@CBLindsay

Last edited:
Welcome @Ram57 ! Glad you could join us!

What are your favorite pieces of hardware and software so far?
That is a tough question for me. It depends on my mood more or less on what I decide to choose from in my shave den. I have 100+ razors, shave brushes, and 300+ creams and soaps. Examples of equipment are Wolfman WR2 1.05, Gillette Toggle and Fatboy, Charcoal Goods, Cobra series razors, OneBlade, Weber, Jurgen Hempel Jarwin, Colonial Razors, Ever-Ready Streamline, Schick Type F, Supply Single Edge, Dubl Duck Goldedge 5/8 Full Hollow, Griffon Antelope #16 11/16 Full Hollow, M&F blonde badger brushes, Varlet, Semougue brushes, Savile Row. Software, I really do not have one favorite but tend to lean towards tallow soaps and artisan soap makers who use essential oils over fragrances.

I am on my way today after 3 week's vacation and will start posting SOTD on Monday.

I've been a wet shaver for 11 years now and am so glad I made the switch from cartridge razors. Truth be told I am a hardware and software hoarder and keep telling myself it's time to thin the den but never get around to following through with that threat. I am looking forward to making new friendships on this forum and shaving my SOTD with fellow shaving enthusiasts.
Welcome to a great group

Welcome Ram57. It's been about 11 years for myself as well. I have enough software to last problem a dozen or more of me the rest of my life, and plenty of hardware too, so I know what of you speak. The sample list you shared looks more impressive than mine would. I've seen your first post and looking forward for more.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Welcome Ram57! I have been wet shaving for about 3 years but new to the Shaving Cadre. Learning how to use a straight now. Spent about a year in Boise ages ago working in a consulting role at St. Al‘s Medical Center.

Welcome Ram57! I have been wet shaving for about 3 years but new to the Shaving Cadre. Learning how to use a straight now. Spent about a year in Boise ages ago working in a consulting role at St. Al‘s Medical Center.
Though I have a handful of straights, I do not have the patience to use them that often. St. Al's is less than a mile from my home.

Welcome....and as @Spider said.....any questions you have.....don't be afraid to ask. We're all here to help.

Greetings!
I am also in Boise.
Do you find any good stuff around Boise or do you buy your stuff online?

Greetings!
I am also in Boise.
Do you find any good stuff around Boise or do you buy your stuff online?
I found a 1948 Gillette Aristocrat, a Gem Micromatic OC, and Noonan & Son Domino 5/8 Half Hollow all on the cheap at an antique store on Overland. St.

I found a 1948 Gillette Aristocrat, a Gem Micromatic OC, and Noonan & Son Domino 5/8 Half Hollow all on the cheap at an antique store on Overland. St.
Nice!
I am starting a Wet Shaving page on FB.
Couldn't find one and thought it would be good to see if there is any interest in the area.

Back