The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Greeting everyone from Canada Gatineau,QC

AlanH

Shave Member
Greetings everyone

I’m Alan from Croatia originaly arrived to Canada since 1997 with both parents and unfortunately my father passed away last year and have mother to take care of and wife and two kids my daughter is 6 my son is 2 yrs old

As European I enjoy wet shaving and great community here to learn every day something new and chat regarding new products awesome Artisans that they work hard to bring best to us on Market

I have high interest in Horology as child ask me any questing regarding watches movements etc..
On the side when I have free time I polish razors to mirror finish in my workshop when I have free time and achieve best results to perfection
I’m very meticulous like Swiss when it comes to watches lol

I look forward to this Great Wet Community and chat with everyone

Take Care and Stay Safe

Alan H

Hello Alan and welcome to the Cadre! You will have a lot of fun here!

Welcome Alan! We have some guys here that love watches too...nothing like a great, beautiful complication sitting on your wrist! Hope we get to see some of the ones you like to wear!

What are some of your favorite traditional shaving items right now?

From one Canadian to another, Welcome to the TSC, Alan! Hopefully, you're not on the flood plain part of town.

Welcome Alan! We have some guys here that love watches too...nothing like a great, beautiful complication sitting on your wrist! Hope we get to see some of the ones you like to wear!

What are some of your favorite traditional shaving items right now?
Thanks very much I really appreciate it a lot and as child I always had high interest in Horology touring trough Europe early 90’s when I was kid to Switzerland seeing watchmakers and learning..

Some of my Favourites are Breitling, Patek Philipe, Jeager LeCoultre is a watchmaker of watchmakers fantastic watches history among of course with others also I like Omega..

As per shaving gear I have Karve SS , Brass Gladius Handle, Feather WS-D2 polished I recently polished it in my workshop professionally to a mirror finish took only 3 days to achieve that perfection

Soaps I enjoy barrister and Mann, Zingary man, noble otter I have one soap only Orbit by them...Dr. Harris, Truefitt & Hill
and few others

Brushes I have few Yaqi’s when I started but really love Wolf Whiskers I only have one at the moment

Shaving bowl Captains Choice, Pottery By Heather purchased at Karve site,

And that’s about it hoping to get Timeless Razor Titanium for my Birthday coming at decent price here if I can find.

Take Care Stay Safe

Alan H

Very interesting. You and @MarkB will get along.

Welcome to a fun and esoteric group.
Thanks very much well another Horology European here lol, this is my thing since child live by it and pretty cool what Swiss watchmaking can do and impressive pieces my different watchmakers and Independent Horologers..

Many Thanks 🙏🏻

Alan H

Welcome aboard. Jump in on some of the conversations. There are alot of great guys here.

Back