The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Glad to be here!

Welcome aboard Paul. I’ve been wet shaving for about the same amount of time as you. It’s a great hobby!

Welcome aboard Paul. I’ve been wet shaving for about the same amount of time as you. It’s a great hobby!
Hi Eric, thanks :). I'm a "seasonal" shaver-would never use Aqua Velva in the winter or Clubman in the summer. Same goes for soaps-no "frozen" ones in the winter, nor the warmer ones in the summer. By the way, I love Aqua Velva and Clubman-but the time has to be right.

I knew a Paul from Acton, MA.

The shave clowns over at that other joint never let him forget about that day he caught some babe in aisle 12 at the supermarket leaning in his space just to catch one whiff of his Clubman AS.

Welcome aboard Paul.
🤪
Billl, don't make me repeat that story (course you did a pretty good job of it)!!!

Hi Eric, thanks :). I'm a "seasonal" shaver-would never use Aqua Velva in the winter or Clubman in the summer. Same goes for soaps-no "frozen" ones in the winter, nor the warmer ones in the summer. By the way, I love Aqua Velva and Clubman-but the time has to be right.
I’ve tried to be seasonal with my soaps, but I find so many start falling into the “well this sort of works whenever” category. Other than menthol, do you have any rules you follow for determining the season?

I’ve tried to be seasonal with my soaps, but I find so many start falling into the “well this sort of works whenever” category. Other than menthol, do you have any rules you follow for determining the season?
Well, I try to avoid the warm/hot aftershaves/scents in the summer. One summer I did Clubman. When I got outside, I was "sweating" Clubman. No more of that! It's great NOW, though. I find it doesn't matter in terms of shave cream/gel. That's why I like Edge-there's an Edge for all seasons.

Hi friends-Paul from Acton, MA, Nice town, I was referred to this forum by a member of a different forum. I'm proud of my shaving "arsenal". I would say I am not a "fancy" shaver, I just get it done. 6 almost 7 years of wet shaving. What a great 6(almost 7)years it has been!
Nice to meet you Paul. I’m from RI, hopefully we can arrange a meetup with other New England wet shavers at some point.

Hello and welcome! I'm new here myself. This seems like a nice place to learn new things and meet so new people.
Be sure to start an intro thread, and tell us a little bit about yourself.

hopefully we can arrange a meetup with other New England wet shavers at some point.
And there's the upcoming Cadre Meet-Up in April!

Back