The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Gauging Interest in a Weight Loss Challenge.

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
Guys, 2020 has hit me pretty hard. My diet and exercise plans have gone out the window. After the New Year, I'm getting back on track.

I don't think I'm alone here. And I think it'd be cool to band together, and offer each other some encouragement. And as an added incentive to keep on track and stay focused on our goals...… lets make a competition out of it. With actual prizes!

No details yet, as I don't want to confirm anything without knowing we have enough interest to get this off the ground. But this idea has been run by the Cadre's Owners and approved. If it proceeds, I will be contacting TSC vendors for possible prize donations (and I may have a trick or two up my sleeve as well.)

This would be a several month long effort, as the goal is to get healthy and stay healthy. Not just get on the Resolution train and fall off after a month!

There will be monthly winners, and an overall winner at the end.

So, if you would be interested in participating in something like this, respond here.

Thanks!

SO COUNT ME IN!!!
Your exercise starts later in 2021 when Danger Baby starts walking.
giphy.gif

Great idea. I actually started doing daily workouts at the end of July because I had let myself go and put on excess weight. I purchased a NordicTrack elliptical trainer and made a commitment to use it every single day. Today i completed my 138th consecutive day of doing a workout. I’m not obsessed with the number on the scale, I know I’m making progress by how I feel and by how my clothes fit (much looser and more comfortable).
Count me in. This will be another reinforcement for my commitment.

im in to help encourage others. i started the same journey a little over a year ago and am glad i did. i started at 300lbs and not happy with what i could find to wear, the frequent heartburn and pain in my back and knees. Now i am 40 lbs lighter and can fit into lots of stuff i had grown to large for. i think im starting to plateau so i might change to toning whats left. im more than happy to share the workout i have been following if anyone is interested.

im in to help encourage others. i started the same journey a little over a year ago and am glad i did. i started at 300lbs and not happy with what i could find to wear, the frequent heartburn and pain in my back and knees. Now i am 40 lbs lighter and can fit into lots of stuff i had grown to large for. i think im starting to plateau so i might change to toning whats left. im more than happy to share the workout i have been following if anyone is interested.
@hawklet00 welcome to the Cadre. If you have time stop over to the Newbies and Welcome section and introduce yourself.
Welcome threads

Welcome. Yes please share.

Welcome. Yes please share.
sorry for the wall of text, but here it is (with a description of each part). The weights I have are where I was at when I shared this with a friend.

Day 1: Arms
Single Arm Cable Curls (Palm-Up) 15 lbs 3x10 each
These are basic curls, done on a machine but can be done with dumbbells too. If using a machine, put the pulley at floor level

Single Arm DB Hammer Curls 15 lbs 3x10 each
These are curls with dumbbells, palm is perpendicular to the floor

Cable Tricep Pushdown (Rope) 35 lbs 3x10 This is one on a machine with a rope attachment or with resistance bands. Put the pulley above your head and pull down. As you are pulling down you spread your hands out a little

Tricep Dips 3x10
50 Sit-Ups
30min Walk
Set the elevation to 3% and start at 2 mph. Try to keep your heart rate in the fat burning range

Day 2: Chest
Dumbbell Bench Press 35lbs 3x10
Keep the bench flat and use dumbbells. This is essentially like a bench press without the bar. You are not using the bar so you really isolate your chest

Dumbbell Incline Bench Press 30lbs 45deg 3x10
Same as above but at an angle, 45 degrees

Cable Flies 20lbs 3x10
This is done on a machine or with resistance bands, with the same attachment for the SA Cable curls. You will set the pulleys at shoulder height with your back to the machine and with arms extended you will give yourself a hug. if you cant use cables, there may be a machine that will do the same thing.

50 Sit-Ups 70lbs
30min Walk

Day 3: Back
Cable Lat Pulldown 90lbs 3x10

Dumbell Row 25lbs 3x10
You will need a bench. You will put the knee of the opposite leg of the arm you are lifting with on the bench and the other foot on the floor. Your back will be parallel with the floor with your arm hanging down and pulling up to your back (the movement is like you are starting a lawn mower). here is another video:

Single Arm Cable Row 20lbs 3x10 each
Similar to the cable files, except you will be facing the machine, putting the pulley at shoulder level and only working one side at a time. you can also use resistance bands

DB RDL 15lbs 3x10
These are Romanian dead lifts. You will use dumbbells. Rather than try to describe this one, here is a video:

50 Sit-Ups 70lbs
30min Walk

Day 4: Shoulders
DB Shoulder Press 20lbs 3x10
Sit on a bench with the back at 90 degrees. Your biceps will be parallel to the floor and elbows bent at 90 degrees. You raise the weights up and bring them back down to the starting position

DB Front Raise 5lbs 3x10
Use the dumbbells and let them hang down at your side. Raise them in front of you shoulder level.

DB Lateral Raise 5lbs 3x10
Same as above but arms are raised out to your sides at shoulder level

Cable Face Pull (Rope) 35lbs 3x10
Like the cable pull down for your triceps on arm day but you hold the cable palms out with your thumbs down

50 Sit-Ups 70lbs
30min Walk

Day 5: Legs
DB Box Squat 45lbs 3x10
This just uses a box or something you can sit on. Hold the weight at chin level and stand up, putting the weight on your heels.

Leg Extension Machine 50lbs 3x10
This machine you sit in with a pad just under your knees and the pad on the top of your foot. this can also be done with resistance bands

Leg Curl Machine 70lbs 3x10
This machine has a pad that sits at the top of your foot only. this can also be done with resistance bands

50 Sit-Ups 65lbs
30min Walk

Off Days: Walk 60 mins like you do on the lifting days

Back