The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Gas price wars

Fenster

"O a'u o le ULU Matai"
Concierge
So I drove over to my parents house to deliver some stuff today. They live in a town built on a Native American reservation. Well there is apparently a gas war going on....20200409_145105.jpg
Yes, that is 0.749 per gallon for unleaded. Filled up the car with 13.35 gallons for $10.00.

Haven’t checked recently, but CA is still in the Low to mid $2 range I think. That’s really good for CA though...

So I drove over to my parents house to deliver some stuff today. They live in a town built on a Native American reservation. Well there is apparently a gas war going on....View attachment 20654
Yes, that is 0.749 per gallon for unleaded. Filled up the car with 13.35 gallons for $10.00.
Shoot, California taxes are more than 0.749 per gallon. I’m not surprised to see such low gas prices though, it was bound to happen. With the lack of demand and excess production oil prices have been dropping like a rock, at one point in March i was looking at futures contracts as low as $4/barrel and I seriously thought We might see oil go negative . ...and I’m still paying $3.19/gallon🤔

Last fill up for me was $1.45 in town. 40 minutes north of me a station has been selling for .99 cents for about 3 weeks now

My last fill up....

39DBA785-F96F-491A-8D31-F9367B43843C.jpeg

But gas in the .70s??? That’s crazy! Gas hasn’t been that cheap since the 1980s!

The bottom has fallen out of the heavy oil (from oil sands) that Alberta, Canada produces. However, that type of oil is what many US refineries are geared to process. I wouldn't shed a tear if the oil sands collapsed; too much environmental damage that will probably not recover for hundreds of years (and I'm not an ECO-warrior).

So I drove over to my parents house to deliver some stuff today. They live in a town built on a Native American reservation. Well there is apparently a gas war going on....View attachment 20654
I drove through there on the way home from work and drove right by despite it being my normal night to fill up. The lines were stupid. At the junction with 219 and 17 the truck-stops had lines in the highway on both sides and in both directions. I had to sneak through the middle of the road just to get through to go home. No exaggeration there were at a minimum of 150 cars in or waiting to get in the 2 gas stations.

I filled up at 5 am this morning when nobody was up and it was 99 cents at Sassy's.

I drove through there on the way home from work and drove right by despite it being my normal night to fill up. The lines were stupid. At the junction with 219 and 17 the truck-stops had lines in the highway on both sides and in both directions. I had to sneak through the middle of the road just to get through to go home. No exaggeration there were at a minimum of 150 cars in or waiting to get in the 2 gas stations.

I filled up at 5 am this morning when nobody was up and it was 99 cents at Sassy's.
Yep , they were backed up with lines at both places at the Junction when i went through too. So i went into Salamanca and there were only 5 cars at Antones, waited about 3 minutes is all. Your place must still be open then?

Yep , they were backed up with lines at both places at the Junction when i went through too. So i went into Salamanca and there were only 5 cars at Antones, waited about 3 minutes is all. Your place must still be open then?
Yep, we are still open. We are considered essential by NY state because we are in wood manufacturing. Some thing brought about by the Empire Lumbermans Association to exempt wood manufacturing from the shutdowns arguing that logging was under agricultural, but with no processing there was no place for logs to go. From what I understand they used hospital/health care construction as part of the argument. Doesn't really make sense to me because the construction would be commercial and require metal studs to meet fire code, but what do I know.
All I know is that I didn't get a vacation, but I'm still getting a paycheck. I guess people are trying for 2 and 3 weeks to get through on NY state's unemployment just to sign up, so I'm actually happy I'm still working.

Yea, not sure how much sense that makes, I certainly question some of the businesses that are still open but glad you are still working. Apparently no one could convince the Govenor that pocket knives are essential, lol.

Yea, not sure how much sense that makes, I certainly question some of the businesses that are still open but glad you are still working. Apparently no one could convince the Govenor that pocket knives are essential, lol.
Well I know a place that hasn't been closed that you could still make knives. Just doesn't have all the fancy machines that you are used to. :LOL:

Well I know a place that hasn't been closed that you could still make knives. Just doesn't have all the fancy machines that you are used to. :LOL:
lol, yea, that would be a very different experience for sure. I have never messed with a forge.

Back