The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Fun with Pictures

mrdoug

"TSC's Shave Sales Deal Finder"
I had posted about it in the photo contest thread, but figured I'd start a new thread dedicated to graphic editing / design.

I like to play around with pictures on my phone. It's fun / a hobby, and sometimes on rare occasions I end up with something cool.

Anyone else into this? Have any creations to share? Here's the one I posted recently to the Car pic contest:

It started out as a pic taken at Six flags of the Daily Planet Van (superman). I decided it needed to have superman in the sky and look like it came out of an according to hoyle comic book.

Another pic I snapped, is of my bigger cat Wolfie. I wanted to do something with it, but couldn't figure it out. I tried a few food items, then it hit me... Poker! The graphics aren't quite right with the money sitting wrong and the cards being cut at the edges, but it was the best I could get done in that sitting. It still makes me chuckle.

Anyone else enjoy playing around with pictures? Anything to share?
f16d86bce684bfae6de75e88b15295d6.jpg
90d05a7ecb0e90db62ecc34f23cc8c58.jpg

Fun stuff Paul!

I did photo editing an manipulation for a long time ages back...tried to do it a few times on the phone but it’s frustrating to try and do anything with precision!

Fun stuff Paul!

I did photo editing an manipulation for a long time ages back...tried to do it a few times on the phone but it’s frustrating to try and do anything with precision!
Thanks. I agree, it is tough on a phone to accomplish much, but there are some neat apps and they get more powerful each passing year. The phone is really all I use these days. I haven't done much of anything with a PC in years, outside of work. Not that I ever was a professional or ever had any notable software. I just like futzing around when I snap a picture and inspiration hits. It's a fun diversion (and amateur hour, lol).

So which apps are you using?
I have an Android phone, so all are from the play store...

I typically use: Snapseed, Background Eraser, Polish, Prisma, and sketch me pro.

I also just found a web-interface graphic arts site (photopea), but I haven't had time to really even look at it yet. At first glance it's very reminiscent of Gimp. At some point, I'll play around and see if it's worth using / learning.

I wonder if Gimp is on Android yet? Time to go searching the play store.

Back