The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

French Point Opinions

FWIW The last time I used straights was 2017.... Wapi, Azuma kamisori, and a Feather SS AC. I actually think that @Majorrich has them all right now. Before that, MANY different makes, models, grinds and tips passed through my house over a period of around 6 years.
You mean you used to be fun??

This will sound stupid - but I wish they had a razor with the scales of the Sparticus round point with the actual blade of the French point, but with the printing of the Medaille razor.

This will sound stupid - but I wish they had a razor with the scales of the Sparticus round point with the actual blade of the French point, but with the printing of the Medaille razor.
I think TI has a MTO page. For real. You choose what you want.

My favorite french/irish point is the muted like the chevalier (i dont have that model) but i have various others with degrees of mute/swept points.

Not a fan of sharp points, to each their own though, more a fan of just right edges. I dont see the utility.

I think TI has a MTO page. For real. You choose what you want.

My favorite french/irish point is the muted like the chevalier (i dont have that model) but i have various others with degrees of mute/swept points.

Not a fan of sharp points, to each their own though, more a fan of just right edges. I dont see the utility.
THe Chevalier is a beaut of a razor!

Back