The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Frank Strömberg Shave 🥰🔥🦄🦄🦄

Gordon C

Shave Newbie
A fabulous shave with MWF and used my Frank Strömberg design brush that was turned and knot set by Matti.
After seeing the title of one of Johan's recent YouTube videos @Shave&Butcher I thought I would use my boar brush and Frank's fab soap.
What a wonderful shave I had too.
And the performance in my opinion is better than a synthetic. But your milage may vary.
I also find a damp brush not soaking or wringing wet brush delivers best results for loading.
I also used Frank's technique of running water to the base of the knot once the desired consistency is achieved on the face to paint and to gain the desired water content.
Frank was an educator and excelled at his profession.
That was always evident when he shared his techniques in his shaving videos.
Its a shame that he removed his videos from his channel.
He is one of a few people that you would watch and you would be blown away by his skill and flawless technique with handling of straight razors or shavettes. And would inspire me to go and shave with a shavette and learn to shave in this traditional way.
And another reason why I had so much respect for Frank he was always a gentleman and would never act full of himself and displayed humility in any space I seen him write or post in.

Attachments

• DSC_3550.JPG
    DSC_3550.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 0
Back