The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Fragrance sample question

heysi

“I like Glitter Covered Tortilla Chips”
Concierge
I have only 4 fragrance samples (for now) and I'm wondering how everyone applies they're samples. Do you dab on from a drop on your finger? Use a q-tip? Have a nuclear powered atomizer? I feel like I'm not applying samples correctly to experience the scent properly. Any help would be great.

Most samples I get are in little spray bottles. If not I put my finger over the top and invert to get a drop on my fingertip and apply manually.

The samples without atomizers, yes, finger dabs. Temples, behind the ears/jaw, base of the neck, back of the neck, and wrist pulse points.

Samples with atomizers, at least a spritz each spot - upper chest, back of the neck, wrist pulse points, spray right pointer finger and apply to right temple and back of ear/jaw, repeat with left pointer for left side.

Yep, the dab bottles also lay fragrance down differently, and it feels like I need to apply a bit more than I’d normally. It will give you a good idea of the scent, but I find that there is a difference between dab and spray. So that might be why it ‘feels’ different. If you have an atomizer handy, it might be worth trying just to see.

The tiny spray bottles also have a tiny spray, I usually use 2 -3 sprays as the equivalent of about one from a normal bottle.

Thanks guys. At least I'm not doing it wrong. But without asking, there was no way to know.

Actually the tiny vials with the stoppers have such a small hole, sometimes I just uncork, put them upside down on the skin and move them around.

Back