The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

frag pairings

novicewetshaver

Sr. Shave Member
i got some of cbl's dragonsbloods some time ago and really like the stuff. im extremely new to the fragrance side of the this hobby so my knowledge is very limited about what fragrances are out there and what pairs well with what. What would pair well as far as fragrances go with cbl's dragonsblood. thanks

Just to be clear, when you say frags, you mean colognes right?

Or are you also including aftershave pairings?

yea, i meant colognes. just wondering if there was anything that might add a bit to the dragons blood. the stuff is preetty powerful on its own so maybe it doesnt need something to pair with it. was just tossing the idea around

That's a tough one to pair with it's such a distinctive incense scent. I'd probably just pair it with anything and say I was just visiting the local new age store.

I don't use many colognes. But of the few I do, the ones I might choose to pair with Dragon's Blood would be warm scents prioritizing notes of wood, vanilla, or oud.

Examples:
Black Watch by Seaforth
No.63 by Pre de Provence
Sigma Oud by Stirling
Dragonsbeard by ETHOS
Oud Absolute by Avon

Back