The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Food Logs

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
So I hate logging my food. I mean I hate it with a passion. In 2018 when I did Keto, I literally had a notebook and logged what I ate. Looked up the macronutrients myself and figured out my daily caloric intake and macronutrient ratio. It sucked, but it kept me focused.

Well I am back at logging my food. It's not so much for analyzing every little thing. But more to keep track with my protein and electrolyte intake. I am looking at other stuff too (fat and carbs mainly) but these are less important to me.

Anyway, I just wanted to recommend a food tracker/diary. It's called Cronometer. You can add the app to your smartphone/device. It's free (there are paid versions, but I find that I don't need them). You can also look up your account online (I find this easier sometimes depending on what I want to do. But this is the most extensive food diary I have seen. It is incredibly customizable. Like today I went ahead and set my goals for my macros according to what wanted to do...225 grams of protein, 50 grams of carbs, and 100 grams of fat. It comes out to be a 2000 calorie a day diet.

The ability to input your food is amazing. You can scan a barcode and the item pops up. It is the most extensive food database that I have seen. You can load recipes to it too to analyze a meal. It really is an amazing app. Just wanted to put this out there and recommend Cronometer.

Did I mention that Cronometer is pretty awesome? I just looked through my logs. Man they break down pretty much every nutrient that you can imagine. Say you eat a ribeye steak. You log it in. In your daily report that is continuously updated, not only will it tell you how much fat and protein you consumed. It will break it down into calories per macronutrient. But wait...there's more! It will also tell you how much in the way of minerals, amino acids, vitamins, the types of fats you consumed to include Omega3s and Omega6s. You can control exactly what a "net carb" is. And you can adjust your daily allowance of each of these micro and macro nutrients. So if I don't like the default threshold on Leucine...I can increase or decrease it. There are paid versions that do a lot more...but I think the free version has a lot to it. It's not overly complicated either.

Here is a link to it, but you can also download the app and link it to your desktop.

Back