The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Floral scented soap recommendation

BadgerFiend

Sr. Shave Member
First Responder
Hello Gents,

I am in the mood for a new floral scented soap. I did rose last year and lavender is already a staple. What are some other floral scented soaps that are maybe by some of the newer artisans? I’m basically a B&M and WSP guy so branching out wouldn’t be a bad thing for me. Thank you all in advance!

It matches the original, but it looks as if it was discontinued, you may be able to find it on secondary, If not let me know an dI will send you a snurdle

I don't have a lot of florals, but I do really like Murphy and McNeil Naid (Mango and Freesia). Good quality soap, light floral and fruit scent. Also a donation to a good cause (Autism).

Tabac is, IMO, a truly excellent floral shave soap.

Grooming Dept. Magnolia and Oud is very nice, if you can find it.

I have also heard good things about, but haven't used, Trumper's Violet cream.

Not just my favorite floral, but one of my favorite soap scents ever is Mystic Water’s Lily of the Valley.

Another amazing floral is CBL Soap’s Carnation.

Not just my favorite floral, but one of my favorite soap scents ever is Mystic Water’s Lily of the Valley.

Another amazing floral is CBL Soap’s Carnation.
After Mystic Water was mentioned earlier in the thread, I hopped on their site and Lily of the Valley is the one that stood out to me. Even put it in my cart before going to bed to mull it over. Your recommendation has won me over 👍

thanks to everyone else as well. Greatly appreciated 😄

I'm a big fan of Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations Tashmere. Orange, Black Pepper, Amber, Sandalwood, Oud, Geranium. The Geranium stands out in this soap.

Vide Poche by Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux is my favorite soap as it hints at honey suckle, freesia, and some others. But it's not available. I only mention it because a lot of the DG/CL collaborations are floral forward and very sophisticated. For that matter...a lot of CL scents o matter who they make them with almost have some element of floral in them.

Like others have said though...hard to go wrong with Mystic Water...some really good stuff!

Hope you find what you are looking for!

Ordered MW Lilly of the Valley, thanks again @Spider.

my main motivation was that I recently enjoyed Maggards Lilac Bar soap. I had one bad experience with their shaving soaps irritating my skin In the past so was hesitant to try the Lilac shaving soap. ALSO, I’ve never tried The Veg and was really, really curious. My wife and I both like Lilac.... heck, she made me buy and plant a few lilac bushes just the other day. So I also ordered up some Veg as well as Lime Sec as a backup in case I’m not chosen. 🤞
I also promise not to start up a “chosen/not chosen” veg thread.... have read way toooo many of those for this lifetime already. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I'm a little late to the party, but I have to put in a good word for PAA Mega Flora. I have it in both soap and splash, and it's a wonderful, assertive floral scent. It's in the great CK-6 base, and really bathes you in the essence of flowers. I'm not good at picking out individual flowers, but the scent is reminiscent of a flower shop.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

764B8045-FCC9-4F20-BD38-6C02CA6E9FC8.jpegOk. Thread resurrection time.

A “floral” I recently got and highly recommended is Tallow + Steel Cairo. Off the tub it starts as a bitter citrus note (like AdP or SV Colonia) but then that fades to a beautiful jasmine note that persists for the duration of the shave and a little beyond.

It has me curious about their Morocco, which is supposed to be their Rose forward scent. Has anyone tried it?

Back