The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Favorite no cook dinner

Don, I do not believe that would be your favorite

I've never tried it but I always thought those little cans of sardines and anchovies in the grocery store where to buy and use as catfish bait, didn't realize people actually ate them.

I've never tried it but I always thought those little cans of sardines and anchovies in the grocery store where to buy and use as catfish bait, didn't realize people actually ate them.
I actually remember in early grade school having a friend that got me into liking them. Haven't had them since. I even bought a can once to see if I actually still liked them. I think it's still in the cupboard.

I actually remember in early grade school having a friend that got me into liking them. Haven't had them since. I even bought a can once to see if I actually still liked them. I think it's still in the cupboard.

Yea I know actually a good amount of people actually like them, i've jsut never seen anyone buy them. But someone must be.

I actually try to eat a can or two a week. They are really good for you. Loaded with Omega 3 fatty acids.

There are some crap cans of sardines out there though. Some are filled with soybean oil or other crappy ingredients. I usually buy this brand...

1594651112542.png

As they are a good balance of price, quality, and ethical considerations (wild caught and sustainable...wild caught have higher omega 3 to omega 6 ratios). Seasons have other types also...in water...in Siracha Sauce...tomato sauce...and other flavor profiles. They do make some in soybean oil if that is your thing though.

Alright @dangerousdon just tell me how mad is the Fish smell after you open them?

I personally don't mind it. It goes away after I eat them. I do wash the cans out afterwards because then the smell will linger. Right now with the pregnant wife, I either wait until she is gone or wait until I go to work. Yeah...I terrorize people at work with all the food smells. But I make up for it because I smell great!

I personally don't mind it. It goes away after I eat them. I do wash the cans out afterwards because then the smell will linger. Right now with the pregnant wife, I either wait until she is gone or wait until I go to work. Yeah...I terrorize people at work with all the food smells. But I make up for it because I smell great!

As long as you don't put fish dish in the microwave I would tolerate ya.

Serious response to Dave's question though...Man do I love me some overnight oats! No cooking...

Place Oatmeal in a jar...add milk and or yogurt...add some fruit. If you want a sweetener in it like maple syrup, honey, or the sorts...go ahead. You can add cinnamon or other spices if you like. I have even added chia seeds to make it that much healthier. Leave it in the fridge for several hours and you have a great...warm weather...summertime meal. I like it for any meal.

1594652288184.png

Back