The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Everything that is Creed Aventus

GearNoir

“The Disney Princess’s Apprentice”
To preface that idea behind this thread: I’m looking into my next frag purchase. I try to only have one at a time because I feel that a guy’s scent should be somewhat consistent in the long run.

This time around I’m looking at Creed Aventus clones (no way I could get the actual thing). I’m currently leaning towards Al Haramain L'Aventure for its positive reviews and moderate price. I was first introduced to Aventus through being an AS tester for Captain’s Choice Venture prior to its public release. I love the scent and so does SWMBO!

So I’ll open it up from here. What are your experiences with Creed Aventus clones? Maybe even the real deal? How were you first introduced to Aventus or a clone?

Feel free to talk to other product clone offerings as well - such as aftershaves and whatnot.

So...there are a couple of different ways to go. From the fragrance world, Armaf's Club de Nuit Intense Man is a pretty close match, and on my skin has excellent longevity and silage. It's missing much of the sweet pineapple top note of Aventus, but the remaining notes are extremely similar. It's relatively inexpensive as well.

Even more budget friendly is going to be Fine Platinum EdP. It's directly based off of Aventus, but might have some performance deficiencies. (I own Fine American Blend EdP, and get about 6-8 hours out of it before it's gone)

Of course, there's always the real deal, but at the price it's going for, it's really a judgement call on whether it's worth it to you.

I have tried most of them and I must say even with a bit of a time lag on the fine Edp I think it is the closest overall. If you want the real thing ( which I highly recommend try a decant from one of the fragrance sites, can be much cheaper that way. Good luck on your search

Thanks for the insights!

It’s not so much the pineapple pop that gets me, it’s the cooldown and settled scent that brings the enjoyment. Looking forward to picking some of these up eventually!

I have the Al Haramain L'Aventure and Armaf's Club de Nuit Intense Man, plus a decant of the Creed. Both of these are pretty good clones. Of course you also have to realize that there is a variation in the scents of the Creed by lot numbers, according to the frag forums anyway.

I have the Al Haramain L'Aventure and Armaf's Club de Nuit Intense Man, plus a decant of the Creed. Both of these are pretty good clones. Of course you also have to realize that there is a variation in the scents of the Creed by lot numbers, according to the frag forums anyway.

We are graced by the presence of an Aventus connoisseur!

Thank you for your input. Do you have a favorite out of the clones?

I haven't quite got into the Creed Hysteria yet...but this thread sure is getting me there.

Well, I needed another item to get to the minimum for Amazon to ship my lemon scented witch hazel. So Al Haramain L'Aventure it is. Or is that considered paying $37 for shipping?

Well, I needed another item to get to the minimum for Amazon to ship my lemon scented witch hazel. So Al Haramain L'Aventure it is. Or is that considered paying $37 for shipping?

Lol! Looking forward to your thoughts.

Do you have any other Aventus inspired stuff?

Lol! Looking forward to your thoughts.

Do you have any other Aventus inspired stuff?
Not that I'm aware of. I'm pretty new to the fragrance world. So this certainly doesn't have to match and I wouldn't know if it does. But, if I enjoy the scent as much as I did the whiff of Aventus I experienced, then the purchase will be a good one.

And so it begins!
LOL, for sure. For the most part I feel like I can buy any soaps, blades, razors, AS, etc that I want without causing issues. But the fragrance arena. Once I went into a Penhaligon's store I knew there was a whole different level to that and something would be said at home if bottles of that stuff just started showing up.

I've been using CC Venture AS splash for about a week. Love the aroma, but it's fleeting, so I've ordered some cologne clone. Should be here late this week. I'll post photos when it arrives. BTW, CC AS is perfect for my skin. It has never disappointed me.

I've been using CC Venture AS splash for about a week. Love the aroma, but it's fleeting, so I've ordered some cologne clone. Should be here late this week. I'll post photos when it arrives. BTW, CC AS is perfect for my skin. It has never disappointed me.

The scent did have a wide range of longevity during testing. A couple of folks said they could perceive it for over 8 hours, but for most it only lasted about 2-5 depending on amount applied. I agree though, really good stuff.

Have you tried Fine Platinum? Any comparison?

Which clone one did you get?

FYI WSP's Olympus is a dead ringer as well Lee has been working on it for years and finally nailed it

Oh man...they have a full product line too...including EdP!

Why must Aventus be so tantalizing?!

Anyone tried RR’s Emperor? Placement on clone scale? Just came back in stock.

Anyone tried RR’s Emperor? Placement on clone scale? Just came back in stock.

I have. It is a decent interpretation but a little on the weak side for strength of scent. But worth buying if you want to enter the aventus scent profile on the cheaper side of things.

In my view Creed Aventus has an interesting and different scent, but like so many high-end fragrances, it's disappointingly short lasting.

And now it seems so popular that I wonder how different it smells anyway.

Have I got this wrong?

Back