The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Duke Cannon surplus sale

NurseDave

“Stefan’s Glitterbomb King”
Legacy
First Responder
Bingo Wizard
Concierge

My favorite Duke Cannon products are the Buffalo Trace soap, the Leaf & Leather soap, and the Old Glory Thick body wash (which I use as shampoo)

You get me excited for a second. I was hoping their colognes would be part of the sale... :(

You get me excited for a second. I was hoping their colognes would be part of the sale... :(
I really want to try one of their new Proper colognes. I am particularly interested in the Randolph and Grant scents. I hear larger Targets have samples of all 4 of the spray colognes. I would also love some of their Bourbon solid cologne. Duluth Trading Co frequently has Duke Cannon products marked down.

image.jpg
Been using Tabac deodorant for quite a while. It is recently more expensive to get. So gonna give Duke a try. The shampoo puck sounded good too.

I happened to see a pretty cool Duke Cannon display at a mercantile yesterday, lots of cool ‘man stuff’. I’ve noticed theDule Cannon line is perfectly suited to be a novelty item in vintage and mercantile type shops, it’s like they put the display there to keep the husband distracted while the wife finds other expensive items to buy. Then, the husband feels a need to buy a $16 tactical soap on a rope sleeve just to prove HE can spend a ridiculous amount of money on unnecessary but cool looking stuff too.
..no, I didn’t buy any Duke Cannon stuff but it WAS a cool display.

I happened to see a pretty cool Duke Cannon display at a mercantile yesterday, lots of cool ‘man stuff’. I’ve noticed theDule Cannon line is perfectly suited to be a novelty item in vintage and mercantile type shops, it’s like they put the display there to keep the husband distracted while the wife finds other expensive items to buy. Then, the husband feels a need to buy a $16 tactical soap on a rope sleeve just to prove HE can spend a ridiculous amount of money on unnecessary but cool looking stuff too.
..no, I didn’t buy any Duke Cannon stuff but it WAS a cool display.
I saw a similar display. Cool display of overpriced (to me) stuff. Fortunately the wife wasn't with me and I did't feel the need to compete with her purchases and walked away unscathed.

It's definitely a gimmicky line. I do have to say, i like their Original "Beer soap" . The scent is a Sandalwood, something something... Can't really describe it other than great, lol. I find it's a good one to mix in during the Autumn. Price-wise it's also a bit more expensive than Stirling (my "flagship" handsoap), and works ALMOST as well.

They definitely milk the marketing for these products. Haven't seen any fancy displays, but I just don't get out as much these days. Lol.

Also, I do like their Ice Cold AS Balm, but the scent (or any scent) isn't really for me. It works great, though... And the price is competitive, I think.

It's definitely a gimmicky line. I do have to say, i like their Original "Beer soap" . The scent is a Sandalwood, something something... Can't really describe it other than great, lol. I find it's a good one to mix in during the Autumn. Price-wise it's also a bit more expensive than Stirling (my "flagship" handsoap), and works ALMOST as well.

They definitely milk the marketing for these products. Haven't seen any fancy displays, but I just don't get out as much these days. Lol.

Also, I do like their Ice Cold AS Balm, but the scent (or any scent) isn't really for me. It works great, though... And the price is competitive, I think.
I agree the line seems a bit gimmicky but its still pretty cool. I am not overly attracted to any of the products but i did think the Tactical soap pouch thing was really clever. Duke cannon is a great example of a product that is more about the totality of the experience than simply the value of the product itself. They have done well to create cool packages and products that fit a larger theme and/or story arc ...and seem to have fairly decent product people enjoy. I do wonder how many people use Duke Cannon exclusively or as a primary brand, my impression is they are more likely to be a gift and occasional or display item but I could be wrong. I have ZERO experience with any of the products so my impressions are pretty much useless.

Ha Ha. I took a quick look at Duke Cannon site. One of the soap bar name is "Big A$$ Beer". Lol.

I was surprise that they has CD (does anyone even use these anymore) listed for $9.9K and now down to $480.
Wow!

Ha Ha. I took a quick look at Duke Cannon site. One of the soap bar name is "Big A$$ Beer". Lol.

I was surprise that they has CD (does anyone even use these anymore) listed for $9.9K and now down to $480.
Wow!
Yep, it smells great (imo). Well, the original (haven't tried the IPA or Texas ones yet). If I could find a shave soap that smelled like that, I'd be ordering some.

I buy the "Jr " size , which fits on most soap dishes better and is far less awkward than the 10oz brick.

Back