The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

DST

I wake up at the same "time" every morning without the aid (or noise) of an alarm. All this means to for me is I will be in the office 1 hour earlier. It also means I will likely leave an hour earlier and pass out in my easy chair an hour earlier. No real benefit here.
I do fear the impact it has on our local schools/school kids as the state (in ALL its glorious wisdom) has made it illegal to start middle school before 8 am and high school to start until 8:30. This means the kids will be making their way home as the sun goes down. AND since the schools lack proper funding they don't have bus service for those who live within a 2 (or maybe its 3) mile radius.

I wake up at the same "time" every morning without the aid (or noise) of an alarm. All this means to for me is I will be in the office 1 hour earlier. It also means I will likely leave an hour earlier and pass out in my easy chair an hour earlier. No real benefit here.
I do fear the impact it has on our local schools/school kids as the state (in ALL its glorious wisdom) has made it illegal to start middle school before 8 am and high school to start until 8:30. This means the kids will be making their way home as the sun goes down. AND since the schools lack proper funding they don't have bus service for those who live within a 2 (or maybe its 3) mile radius.
Our radius here is two miles. 👍🏼

I don’t like having to think about it or change the clocks.

That we know what time it is here and dont care about anyone else's time and we sleep fine, LOL

Back