The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doctor Who

You favorite two Doctor incarnations are:

• 1. William Hartnell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Peter Davison

• 6. Colin Baker

• 7. Sylvester McCoy

• 8. Paul McGann

• 9. Christopher Eccleston

• 11. Matt Smith

• 12. Peter Capaldi

• 13. Jodie Whittaker (current incarnation)

• Total voters
Just watched The Mind Robber for the first time. Q for Beginish and other old fogeys - is Troughton always that nervous? Reminded me of Stan Laurel in a pickle.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Just watched The Mind Robber for the first time. Q for Beginish and other old fogeys - is Troughton always that nervous? Reminded me of Stan Laurel in a pickle.

I think it’s part of the schtick. Watch Tomb of the Cybermen and The War Games. Later serials and a much more confident Doctor.

I'll keep going then. I don't recall ever seeing these before, Pertwee is my earliest known Doctor.
Been dipping in various doctors, 3 and 4 are wonderful 5 is growing on me, but his companions are fingernails on a chalk board. Really liking 6 and his demeanor. Did a couple of series of Hartnell and disliked him immensely. I'll go back and give him another try too.

There is one of the doctors at Dragoncon in Atlanta this weekend...
Actor Christopher Eccleston is best known for his television and film work, which includes his role as the ninth incarnation of the Doctor in the BBC sci-fi series Doctor Who, playing Pastor Matt Jamison in The Leftovers, and Malekith in Thor: Dark World. He will appear on Sunday only.

Last edited:
I'll keep going then. I don't recall ever seeing these before, Pertwee is my earliest known Doctor.
Been dipping in various doctors, 3 and 4 are wonderful 5 is growing on me, but his companions are fingernails on a chalk board. Really liking 6 and his demeanor. Did a couple of series of Hartnell and disliked him immensely. I'll go back and give him another try too.

I don’t like Hartnell. I know it’s heresy to say, but he’s….not good. I’m also not a McCoy fan either.

I don’t like Hartnell. I know it’s heresy to say, but he’s….not good. I’m also not a McCoy fan either.
I can't do it anymore. The Keys of Marinus was mildly interesting but this is not the Doctor we now know (or indeed known from every other Doctor onwards from Hartnell ) . Somebody who wants to give up at the first obstacle. Chesterton is more Doctor material.
On to more Troughton I think.

I have been lax, no VERY lax, in watching episodes. I'm still caught up in season-1's DALEK series; they're so scary that I'm afraid to watch. What's going to happen when I eventually get to the weeping angels? Auuughhh!!!! :eek:

I can't do it anymore. The Keys of Marinus was mildly interesting but this is not the Doctor we now know (or indeed known from every other Doctor onwards from Hartnell ) . Somebody who wants to give up at the first obstacle. Chesterton is more Doctor material.
On to more Troughton I think.

As companions, I liked Ian, Barbara and Susan (I wonder where she ended up in the Time War. And Romana. And the Rani.). Troughton’s got range. Check out The Enemy of the World as an example.

I have been lax, no VERY lax, in watching episodes. I'm still caught up in season-1's DALEK series; they're so scary that I'm afraid to watch. What's going to happen when I eventually get to the weeping angels? Auuughhh!!!! :eek:

Sam-Just go watch Blink. You don’t need any backstory for it, and it’s a Doctor-lite episode. Plus it’s got Carey Mulligan.

I made it through THE DALEKS! *Whew* I thought that everyone was going to be exterminated!
On to THE EDGE OF DESTRUCTION tomorrow!

I have seen most every episode from Eccleston to Capaldi. It was the one show my eldest daughter and I both liked to watch. I had a hard time getting into the older versions because she was disinterested, and just haven't had time to watch the current Doctor yet.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

THE EDGE OF DESTRUCTION is a paranoid acid trip!

MARCO POLO is the next serial, sadly lost to the archives, but I'm hoping that I found the audio of it.

MARCO POLO is the next serial, sadly lost to the archives, but I'm hoping that I found the audio of it.
Go HERE :

and start with episode 14 of season 1 then go through episode 20..... those are the Marco Polo episodes.......

The rest of the series can be found here....

Just finished the MARCO POLO serial on YouTube rather than signup for Primewire (based on the amount of pop-up and new tabs when I clicked the link... Blah). YouTube was like a radio serial (full audio recording with stills of the episodes used throughout) and, since I used to listen to THE SHADOW and other radio shows, this did not present a challenge.

As for the serial, I enjoyed it... although I must say, the Dr is getting on my nerves and needs a push down the stairs more than a little irritating.

Just finished the MARCO POLO serial on YouTube rather than signup for Primewire (based on the amount of pop-up and new tabs when I clicked the link... Blah). YouTube was like a radio serial (full audio recording with stills of the episodes used throughout) and, since I used to listen to THE SHADOW and other radio shows, this did not present a challenge.

As for the serial, I enjoyed it... although I must say, the Dr is getting on my nerves and needs a push down the stairs more than a little irritating.
You don't have to sign up for primewire to use it , I signed up for free because the benefits of being able to set up play list and use schedules was beneficial for me. Also sorry I forgot to tell you to use a popup blocker and if a link is available for mixdrop.co to use that link because you can right click and click on save as and save the video as an mp4 file so you could watch it later... I use ublock origin and adblock and flash control on my computers to block ads and unwanted stuff and only allow popups or flash that I want when I want.. if you use chrome web browser those are available as extensions for your browser....

Back