The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

DIY Projects (Not Shave Related)

clyde72

Almond Milk Lattes are my POWER
Legacy
This is a thread for posting any DIY (Do It Yourself) non shave related projects. Be it home repair, car repair, arts, crafts, etc.

Let's see how handy or non handy we are!!

I'll kick things off.

This is how I spent my evening yesterday:

Remember the good old days when you could just replace the bearing for like $20, yeah not now. $185 wheel hub assembly.

clyde72 said:
I'll kick things off.

This is how I spent my evening yesterday:

Remember the good old days when you could just replace the bearing for like $20, yeah not now. $185 wheel hub assembly.

and don’t forget having to have special tools to get the nut off

DocHoliday0831 said:
and don’t forget having to have special tools to get the nut off

Actually that wasn't necessary. Just the correct size socket.

Our dog has found the weak point in our fence. We had one spot that if she leans on it, it will lean with her. She then jumps and gets over to run around the neighborhood. Well, after that happened a couple of times, I decided to put a stake in the ground. This dog is so strong, that you cannot use any adjustable straps on her for collars or harnesses because she will just keep pulling until they get loose enough for her to slip out. Then she tells you how foolish you are by chewing then in half and jumping the fence again.

Tonight, I fixed that section of fence. So she is now running around the yard with no collar or harness and never left the yard.

Nobody tell her that she already jumps high enough to hurdle it.

When I was a young lad, Daddy had bird dogs that were kept in a kennel/pin made out of 6 foot tall webbed wire. He had one dog, Sam (I still remember his name), that learned to literately climb the fence. He even figured out how to negotiate the 2 foot lean over that dad put around the top of the fence. Dad finally just gave up and let him run free. We lived in the county so that wasn't a problem.

clyde72 said:
Yeah I don't know what drugs the design team at Chrysler/Dodge were on when they came up with that one!
they should share whatever drugs it was though I bet we would all sleep better and not be stressed out ????

They'd rather you go to the dealer. Pay higher labor because it is hard to get too even though it's there fault.

I had a Mitsubishi Eclipse that their AC drain line came out the firewall instead of under the car. The problem with that is that the heat from the engine cracks the sealant around it and the water goes right back into the car. I had to remove many parts from the engine just to get down there to reseal it.

My brother is a top notch fabricator, over the past couple years he REALLY step up his game and did a few custom builds for himself. His work is so standout that it has been getting some unique press. Here is a recent magazine article showing his most recent build. http://read.uberflip.com/i/955998-score-journal-march-2018/71

I can’t build stuff like that but I did use his shop a few years ago to do some major rehab on my son’s 1995 ford ranger ...

CBLindsay said:
My brother is a top notch fabricator, over the past couple years he REALLY step up his game and did a few custom builds for himself. His work is so standout that it has been getting some unique press. Here is a recent magazine article showing his most recent build. http://read.uberflip.com/i/955998-score-journal-march-2018/71

I can’t build stuff like that but I did use his shop a few years ago to do some major rehab on my son’s 1995 ford ranger ...

WOW!! Nice, but wait your brother built this and your driving a mini van?

Back