The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Dehydrator

NurseDave

“Stefan’s Glitterbomb King”
Legacy
First Responder
Bingo Wizard
Concierge
Any of you folks have a food dehydrator you would recommend?

This is the one I have. It works well for me. I’ve done veggies, but mainly do jerky.

06FB3159-70B7-464E-9FE7-8BCE95598C2F.jpeg

Had this one for years. Have used it on and off, mostly for fruits and veggies. Had intended to do jerky but have yet to actually do that lol20210117_192003.jpg

I have been wanting a dehydrator for a while now. But my brother keeps telling me to make sure I get a really good one. Not really sure what a good one is really.

We have or like Kyle showed. We make dried fruits. I love banana chips.

I want to make a mess of zucchini chips. The trouble is even if I get the oven method down, a "batch" of two cookie sheets is hardly a bowlful. I'm thinking if I can just put them in and forget it, I could make a batch or two a day and build up my supply. I have read you're supposed to rotate the trays on dehydrator every so many hours so I guess you can't just run a batch overnight.

I borrowed my neighbors round 2 tray once to make dried kale. It was nice, but not nice enough to do the low oven temp method.

still want a 9 tray one though. I’d like to do some jerky or biltong and as much as I appreciate alton browns fan and filter set up, i just can’t.

We have a really large one easy to use.... It is called ARIZONA, we are just one BIG dehydrator, LOL. Seriously though I do want one but as you said just one more gadget

My Sis-in-Law does a lot of dehydrating and has several (to include a bigger "commercial" type dehydrator) and said that this one is kind of the best of both worlds. Is well powered dehydrator that isn't overly bulky. This is what she currently uses and she is constantly making venison jerky and dried meat dog treats.

My Sis-in-Law does a lot of dehydrating and has several (to include a bigger "commercial" type dehydrator) and said that this one is kind of the best of both worlds. Is well powered dehydrator that isn't overly bulky. This is what she currently uses and she is constantly making venison jerky and dried meat dog treats.
Venison jerky is the best!

Back