The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Deep Fried Twinkies

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
If you’ve ever had these treats at a fair or carnival, you know they are amazing.

However, everyone is making them wrong!!

You don’t need to coat them in pancake batter or funnel cake batter prior to frying. That just makes them doughey and takes away from the natural flavor of the Twinkie.

Try making them yourself at home. Just drop a Twinkie straight up, into the fryer for around 5 seconds or so. Flip it as much as possible for even cooking. As soon as it starts to turn brown it’s done…. They overcook fast.

They get crispy on the outside, and sooo gooey in the middle. It’s light years better than the coated ones!

66F0F437-3680-4700-8604-47FC4A2DE48E.jpeg
These appear darker in the pic than they actually were.

Never had one, but they sound wonderful. I didn't know you could still buy twinkies anywhere. I thought they were a banned item :LOL:

They were discontinued for a bit, but they came back. Too good not to!
Everything in moderation I say, so a twinkie now and then won't kill you! That's good to know I'll have to keep my eye out for them just to see if I notice them being for sale anywhere.

Sometimes we say Coke here. No distinction. But mostly soda.
When I was down south everything was Coke except Sundrop and "cheerie wine"...... Don't know why they couldn't say Cheerwine when they made it in the south..... Guess it's sort of like those rockweiler dogs....
Should have seen the looks when I would get in stores if I asked where/if they sold pop.

Back