The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Declaration Grooming

Quijote

La Mancha's Best Shaver
Legacy
First Responder
Did anyone get a chance to order the new Project Icarus soap before it sold out?

I did not. I’ve been burned too many times by blind buys that I’m pretty hesitant to do them any more.

My soap still says L&L. I haven't bought since the name change. I need too though.

I was lucky enough to get an order in. The new formulation intrigued me enough to pull the trigger. I'll give a full run down and review when it comes in.

*sigh* DG is releasing two new Chatillon Lux soaps on the 6th of April. One I'm on the fence about, Fourth and Pine, the other is a slam dunk purchase for me, True Lavender. These are the normal Bison Tallow formula, not the Project Icarus formulation.

Speaking of Icarus, I did a comparative lathering along with one of the regular bison tallow soaps a little bit ago. The soap is indeed slightly harder, and does load a bit slower. The quality of the lather is fairly similar in slickness and cushion...but I can already tell the Project Icarus absolutely blows the regular formula out of the water in post-shave. Pretty remarkable considering the original formula was the most moisturizing formula I've ever used, including PC Nauvia.

The scent of Santal Auster is something else too. It is not your typical Sandalwood scent. Sandalwood is definitely the dominant note, but there is quite a bit going on underneath. I'm going to have to take some time to try and identify some of the notes. One thing I'll say is that they are definitely well blended to give a great overall tone to the fragrance.

I will say, the Chatillon Lux scents all seem to have a lot going on. But, man do they smell good. They have a few more that I really want to try.

Back