The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Declaration Grooming Trismegistus

Graybeard57

TSC's Steven Wright
Veteran

Not sure how to pronounce this stuff, but I like it. Not a menthol fan, but you'll note it's far down on the ingredient list. Felt a brief hint of menthol which quickly passed. This is citrusy, floral, and woody. Predominant scent, the one which lingers, is woody and fresh cedar. It lasts several hours.

I'm a big fan of DG splashes. All of their products are top shelf.

I have often wondered about this scent (soap and aftershave). It has a REALLY big following!

I have the soap in this scent, it’s pretty nice. Very woody. But don’t have any of their aftershaves.

I have the soap in this scent, it’s pretty nice. Very woody. But don’t have any of their aftershaves.

They are quite good, KJ. The scent lasts long enough to double as a cologne. It is the woody scent that lingers.

I don't have the AS either. The first experience I have with DG was with a sample of this soap. It was an amazing scent. I have been a little trepidatious about the AS because I have heard many people say that it can have a medicinal undertone to it.

I don't have the AS either. The first experience I have with DG was with a sample of this soap. It was an amazing scent. I have been a little trepidatious about the AS because I have heard many people say that it can have a medicinal undertone to it.

After applying this at about 10am, I'm still enjoying the scent at nearly 6pm. It does not smell medicinal to me.

I just had to look it up:

"Hermes Trismegistus (Ancient Greek: Ἑρμῆς ὁ Τρισμέγιστος, "thrice-greatest Hermes"; Latin: Mercurius ter Maximus) is the purported author of the Hermetic Corpus, a series of sacred texts that are the basis of Hermeticism."

Since I had no clue what Hermeticism is:

"Hermeticism: considers humanity to be on a spiritual journey to return to a state of unity with the divine; this is the great work of humankind."

There is more to it than this; search for more info. All this in an AS that conditions, tones, and lasts. It is thrice great.
1f609.png

Back