The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

DE Razor of the Day

Edwin Jagger DE89 Head
Maggard MR18 SS Titanium Anodized Handle
Wizamet Super Iridium Blade (7)
17449cb0645a6f6846a1e655589b9f91.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Razor Gillette Goodwill
Today's shave with both vintage blade and razor was awesome! The blade feels so silky smooth in the razor! It was efficient too. 3passes for a bbs finish with some unfortunate micro creepers. Would have been a perfect shave but it was so comfortable that I pushed abit...and suffers the consequence...ahahaha!
20220610_195458.jpg

Razor Gillette Rocket HD
Another vintage razor & blade day. The blade is really something...paired with this razor with an added shim, it provided silky smooth and efficient shaves but still found 2 micro red spots! 3passes for a dfs+ finish.
View attachment 85711
Nice. I have a few Schick DE's. Singles. All that's on the blades is the name Schick.
I don't remember where I got them from but they are sweet. I use one rarely to conserve the few I have.

Nice. I have a few Schick DE's. Singles. All that's on the blades is the name Schick.
I don't remember where I got them from but they are sweet. I use one rarely to conserve the few I have.

Hey, thanks! Yeah, I had 5 of these blades sent over from the US for testing and I am impressed with them so far but the 2 times used also caused red spots...let's see how with more aggressive razors...

Back