The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

DE Razor of the Day

Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 SS Razor
Bolzano Superinox Blade (1)
9c3a82107d678409c90d5c434f34d1a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

very cool.the the long comb base lacks the relief cuts needed to use the short comb cap due to the chunky cap lugs, as you can see with your pic.later year short combs used long comb caps and were milder shavers.
Wow, thanks for the interesting historical info. The strange thing is I felt my SC is milder than the LC and hence shave more comfortably :D 😆

Wow, thanks for the interesting historical info. The strange thing is I felt my SC is milder than the LC and hence shave more comfortably :D 😆
i i do also.the new SC has better blade clamping closer to the edge than the new LC..a more rounded top of the base plate.the post war tech razor adopted this design.pleae compare if you have the time.compared to the pre war u.s techs,which are modelled after the new LC.the British techs and new LC/RFB razors rounded off the top of the baseplate to create better blade clamping also,which made for better feeling shaves-less blade chatter..

Last edited:
i i do also.the new SC has better blade clamping closer to the edge than the new LC..a more rounded top of the base plate.the post war tech razor adopted this design.pleae compare if you have the time.compared to the pre war u.s techs,which are modelled after the new LC.the British techs and new LC/RFB razors rounded off the top of the baseplate to create better blade clamping also,which made for better feeling shaves-less blade chatter..
Wow...much thanks for all the info...really educational!

Wow...much thanks for all the info...really educational!

I agree.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
thank you.:)

tech razor timeline.

1939-46 triangle/oval slot baseplate-new LC design-canada,u.s-dubbed prewar
1947-62 u.s post war u.s -new SC design,canadian models 1949 -54.-canada stops razor production and imports brit made post war techs
1947-49 brit flat bottom tech-some canada-brit fb new LC OC design-adopted u.s post war design in 1950,france 1952.

there are other oddball techs in this period -ie bakelite,german, aluminum etc,but it's safe to say that all techs were u.s post war design by 1954.the next change was in 1962ish with the zamak cap tech,which ran until the mid 80s in several countries.then the plastick handled ones appeared.please ,dates could be off a bit.;):cool:

Last edited:
Back