The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Daily Razors

On another forum, a thread was started asking for photos of the razors that folks use regularly. I thought that was a good idea, so I am doing it here, not as a competition, but just sharing. After much experimentation, I have a pretty stable razor collection now with which I am happy. It consists of Carbon Mokume-gane, Carbon Damascus, LASSC BBS-1, Paradigm 71-4, Paradigm 2020 Diamondback, Wolfman copper W2, and Wolfman antique bronze WR2, along with UFO Titan Fine and Common Bar handles. I mix and match the solitary handles with the various razor heads in a regular rotation.
gCqdqX1.jpg

And when not being used, the handles are kept on a display rack and the heads in a drawer.
Duopia5.jpg

Yes, I had to memorize the design of each head and handle. And then I wrote them down on a list as a backup to my memory.
I use the little stringed price tags.
I really like the handle rack. I have my individual handles in a zippered pocket knife holder that has the elastic holders inside.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Handles (subject to change as they get swapped out for use)
Top left to right :
IKON OSS 316L SS ,95mm
WCS 88-BR Brass
Sabi Marble
WCS 175-BR Brass
Weber Classic SS, 3 7/8" 2.4 oz

(Bottom row L to R)
WCS 47-BR Brass
RazoRock Halo grade 2 titanium 90mm
RazoRock Halo 316L SS 90mm
Petal Pusher Fancies solid short/fat 3"
Weber SS Bulldog 3"
Utopia Black Handle

It's been in my mind to select a core group of razors but the one I use most often is a Merkur 34C. That is usually my Sunday razor because I'm a church usher and I don't want any drama on my face or neck.
41766c7be667c9ef191e9b951956b594.jpg
d2b360be42d6fb5309050edf60d54546.jpg

Oh my....I really like that Utopia Black Handle. Tell me more.
Thank you. Some five, six or seven years ago I purchased the whole DE razor off Amazon for $10 USD. The head was junk and I threw it away but this handle was very worth keeping. I don't have scales to weigh it but it has a nice heft without being too heavy. It's 100mm length and the grip is good and comfortable due to light criss-cross lines. I would buy again (and throw the head away again).I just looked for it on USA Amazon and couldn't find it anymore.
57d723a6ff4568d11362a4e57e3017a6.jpg

Back