The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cremo shave cream

novicewetshaver

Sr. Shave Member
ive seen this particular shaving creaming at target and some of the pharmacies around here, was wondering how it performs on the face if any of you fine folks have experience with this particular cream. was on cremo website and they have some intresting scents i would like to try out, but not sure if this soap is a good performer or a not so good one. thanks!

I considered it before as you are now. Most of the reviews I read said it was mediocre, so I passed.

Never tried it but I did notice the interesting scent selection. If you are in the mood for a cream you can pick up from a store shelf you might consider the C.O. Bigalow Cream available at Bath and Body Works. C.O. Bigalow is made by Proraso and performs very much the same. Sadly, I believe they only make the green scent now (they used to have a white and one other if I recall correctly) but its an enjoyable cream at a great price. They have body soaps in more adventurous scents though.

Never tried it but I did notice the interesting scent selection. If you are in the mood for a cream you can pick up from a store shelf you might consider the C.O. Bigalow Cream available at Bath and Body Works. C.O. Bigalow is made by Proraso and performs very much the same. Sadly, I believe they only make the green scent now (they used to have a white and one other if I recall correctly) but its an enjoyable cream at a great price. They have body soaps in more adventurous scents though.
yea the spiced amber and bourbon vanilla caught my eye as far as scent notes go. those seemed like the ones i would try out if the soap provided good hydration/protection.

In my experience, Cremo produces a very slick shaving surface, and the original smells pleasant enough. My main problem is that the very thin layer of slickness tends to dry out over the time span of a full pass, so there's rewetting required, which interrupts the shaving.. For the overall pleasure of the experience, I prefer a saponified lathering soap or cream. I've only seen @BarberDave use the Cremo stick, but it produces lather when brushed. One use to which I've seen Cremo put is as a pre-shave. I haven't done this myself.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Cremo is ok. It for sure is slick so a little goes a long way. Otherwise you’ll clog the crap out of your razor and it’s a pain in the butt to rinse off. It also does not lather so brush wouldn’t be recommended. I didn’t get any nicks, cuts, weepers, burn with it. 1 tube is supposed to last 90 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cremo is ok. It for sure is slick so a little goes a long way. Otherwise you’ll clog the crap out of your razor and it’s a pain in the butt to rinse off. It also does not lather so brush wouldn’t be recommended. I didn’t get any nicks, cuts, weepers, burn with it. 1 tube is supposed to last 90 days.
maybe ill give a try one of these days, i saw they had some intresting scents on their website but theres other soaps i think i will try before them.

Are you meaning the tubes or the sticks? I have used both and they are decent. I liked the sticks for traveling and they seemed to work fairly well. The scents were nice on both the sticks and the tubes..

when i was looking at there website i was mainly looking at there shave tubes. maybe ill check out the sticks. they had some really intresting scent profiles for some of the soaps
Are you meaning the tubes or the sticks? I have used both and they are decent. I liked the sticks for traveling and they seemed to work fairly well. The scents were nice on both the sticks and the tubes..

C.O. Bigalow Cream available at Bath and Body Works. C.O. Bigalow is made by Proraso and performs very much the same
This stuff is easy to find and great. It was pretty much my only cream for many years.

Cremo to me is a very good product especially considering its price and how easy it is to find. It really matters how you use it for starters it’s not a lathering type of cream, and less is more. One Knuckle size amount. Will provide multiple passes just by adding a slight amount of water to the residual cream left on your palm from the initial application. I started out exclusively using cremo for years when it first came out, did move on to other things, but I’m always sure to have a tube of it around as well.

Back