The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

creed aventus

novicewetshaver

Sr. Shave Member
hey there cadre. i recently got a sample of creed's aventus and have been wearing it the past few days, but was somewhat dissapointed on the performance of the is particular fragrance. Would any of you who are more experieneced with fragrances know of an alternative to creed's aventus. thanks!

I assume you're asking for something that smells similar but lasts longer? Because I don't think Aventus is all that, so my alternative would be a different Creed scent. ;)

I assume you're asking for something that smells similar but lasts longer? Because I don't think Aventus is all that, so my alternative would be a different Creed scent. ;)
yea thats what im asking. i couldnt really smell the pineapple in the opening or the other notes that are in the top. the dry down was ok. but i get mostly woods from the dry down. seems like that particular fragrance needs some work.

I have tried a few knock-off Aventus scents and I don't think any of them have a stronger pineapple note, most smell good/great but they are more Birch & Oakmoss than fruity. I (CBL Soap) have a scent called Pinnacle that is an Aventus clone, I added a little more pineapple to it to bring up that fruity note. It's still very true to what you get from the Creed cologne but does have a little more brightness in the initial application but it isn't juicy pineapple open.
I forget the name but Ethos makes an aventus clone that has purposefully kicked up the amount of pineapple so it is a prominent opening note..

Aventus is sadly a shadow of its former self currently. Creed is notorious for switching things up batch to batch and messing with perceived value. As Chris stated, the current batches are really missing that prominent pineapple from yesteryear and many dupes are as well.

Keep in mind as far as scents and how long you perceive a fragrance to last, has many factors.

- Consider what is long lasting? Most fragrances will not last a whole day without a heavier application. If a fragrance lasts 4-6 hours, that’s pretty decent. Some such as Dior Homme Parfum and Sauvage Elixir will easily hit the 8+ hours, but those are not common.

- Some body chemistries can counteract a normally fine performing fragrance. Do you have longevity problems with other frags?

- Sometimes a fragrance user can go noseblind to the scent they’re wearing. It’ll seem like it’s gone to them, but to everyone else, it may still be very present.

- Do you only spray your body? Sometimes simply making sure you get a spritz on your clothes will go a long way.

- It’s thought that dudes with skin that’s decently well cared for (ie - clean and moisturized) will usually see better results as well.

Some things to think about.

Aventus is sadly a shadow of its former self currently. Creed is notorious for switching things up batch to batch and messing with perceived value. As Chris stated, the current batches are really missing that prominent pineapple from yesteryear and many dupes are as well.

Keep in mind as far as scents and how long you perceive a fragrance to last, has many factors.

- Consider what is long lasting? Most fragrances will not last a whole day without a heavier application. If a fragrance lasts 4-6 hours, that’s pretty decent. Some such as Dior Homme Parfum and Sauvage Elixir will easily hit the 8+ hours, but those are not common.

- Some body chemistries can counteract a normally fine performing fragrance. Do you have longevity problems with other frags?

- Sometimes a fragrance user can go noseblind to the scent they’re wearing. It’ll seem like it’s gone to them, but to everyone else, it may still be very present.

- Do you only spray your body? Sometimes simply making sure you get a spritz on your clothes will go a long way.

- It’s thought that dudes with skin that’s decently well cared for (ie - clean and moisturized) will usually see better results as well.

Some things to think about.
thanks! some good food for thought. i got some A&e sparticus a while back and for me the top notes are very light as well. i was trying out creed to see if paired particularly well with that soap, but it kinda fell flat. from looking at different fragrance reveiewers on youtube alot of them say the same thing about creed and aventus, its really a shadow of its former self.which is why i was looking for something that may be better to pair with sparticus, its a really light fresh clean scent to my nose. i have silver mountain water which smells pretty good and green irish tweed which is really strong but dries down well. was hoping that aventus would be the same. perhaps i will try some of cbl's pinacle.

Yes, Chris’/CBL Pinnacle is a good option as well as Frank’s/Ethos Succes.

Several years ago I was told by a lady who worked the fragrance counter that a good knock off of Creed Aventus is ARMAF Club de Nuit Intense men EDT (note, there is a version of club de nuit that is not "intense", you want the one with "intense" in the name.). Of course I tried it at the counter...If I recall correctly it has a citrus/lemon/Bergamot top note more than a Pineapple note but is otherwise a decent clone-like scent. The price is better than Creed but not really cheap (over $50).
As with any "smell-alike" or knock off scents your best bet is to expect a similar fragrance not a match. AND if you are lucky you will find a high quality product that smells better (to your nose) than Creed and lasts longer.

Sadly, nothing with Aventus’ scent is very long lasting. But for the money, Stirling’s dup is what I use.

Back